Automatic vehicle movement (jme2)

Hi,

I am trying to get a motorbike to move automatically at certain directions. I tried to use the PhysicsVehicleNode and have managed to get the vehicle moving. However, I cannot make it go at certain directions automatically. I had a go with the Node’s .setLocalTranslation method, but that is not what I need. I want it to slide when it turns too much and so on, hence why I want to use the Physics engine.

Is there another way of getting the vehicle to move without having to resort to using the keyboard? I am using jME 2, due to the machine I am using.

Thanks

Just do the same as you would with the keyboard, steering in the direction you want the car to go.

normen said:
Just do the same as you would with the keyboard, steering in the direction you want the car to go.

I just tried that, but I have no control over where it goes. As soon as I use the accelerate method, it shoots off the screen at phenomenal speed. I just want it to go up to a specific point. I have coordinates of where I want it to go, but I would like to be able to tell the Physics engine to move the bike to that place. Is there a way of doing this?

I have just seen something called DefaultVehicleRaycaster in jBullet. Is there an equivalent implemented in the jme bullet?

Thanks

Its the vehicle you are using already. Check where the point you wanna go is related to the car and steer towards it. Dont accelerate so fast if you are close to that point.