Bad Submesh with Ogre Export

So I have a model with animations and everything that exports just fine from blender to ogre. What I want is to be able to change the head for that character but when I delete the current head and attach the other one, it gives me a bad submesh warning after the export. Then in jMonkey it throws and ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix a bad submesh?

i can’t answer you directly, but i will try to help.

i don’t have/had this problem, but i have character creation done, with head/etc replacing. i use blender 2.61 for it.(just for your information)

tell me: do you have any modificators apply to new head? maybe subsurf?(multiresolution works for me, but i don’t checked subsurf).

do you have head as separate object in blender?

What I want is to be able to change the head for that character but when I delete the current head and attach the other one, it gives me a bad submesh warning after the export

how exacly you delete and attach? by changing layer visible?

To delete it I was just selecting all the vertices that made up the head, hitting V to seperate them from the body, and then hitting X and selecting remove vertices. Does this mess things up for some reason? Then I brought the new head in and did a Cntrl-J to join it to the headless body. I think there is a subsurf modifier on the body but not the new head, I’m not sure.

I tried to start over with just the body I originally had and now that version gives me a bad submesh warning every time! Does anyone know what causes this? I can’t find a pattern that’s causing it.

Are aou using blender 2.63? Try going to 2.62 or saving the mesh in the “legacy mesh format” The blender guys changed how blender stores its meshes completely in a point update :confused:

@normen said:
Are aou using blender 2.63? Try going to 2.62 or saving the mesh in the "legacy mesh format" The blender guys changed how blender stores its meshes completely in a point update :/

Nightly SDK has a fix for this, it imports 2.63 format meshes perfectly now :)
@zarch said:
Nightly SDK has a fix for this, it imports 2.63 format meshes perfectly now :)

Yeah, nightly... Which has other issues ^^

Actually, the problem really isn’t with jMonkey, it’s with the fact that Blender exports to Ogre and keeps giving a bad submesh warning. I already have the nightly builds going which did fix a lot of my initial problems.