Ball force based on camera

I'm using a ChaseCamera in my game that lets you rotate 360 degrees around a ball which you control in a physics world.  I am trying to figure out a way to make Forward, Backward, Left Strafe, and Right Strafe actions that will either apply a force or rotation to the ball to the direction the camera is pointing.  For example, from whatever perspective the camera is looking at the ball, I want the Forward action to apply force or rotation to that ball to make it go away from the camera (…forward).  I have my ChaseCamera working fine now, but I can't figure out how to make the actions find the direction they need to apply force or rotation based on the camera's rotation around the ball.

As part of this question I am also unsure whether I should be applying torque or force to the ball.  Realism seems to imply I should use torque, but so far I haven't had a whole lot of success with that route.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is one of the last roadblocks I have to finishing my cool physics networking demo. :wink:

darkfrog

Have you looked at the ThirdPerson***Action classes to find inspiration?  They might be of help.