Best model format?

ive been struggling with the model format for a while now, so i thought it would be nice if someone can point me to the right direction.

i first started with obj. but obj doesnt support animation or texture tiling. so its not an option.

then i tried .3ds, but since its soooo old, it still uses 8.3 dos file name format which doesnt allow any filenames longer than 12 chars. so its not an option.

then i tried collada. but the performance seems to be a big issue here. it takes twice as long to load a collada model as to load a 3ds model. so unless the performance gets a huge improvement, collada is not an option.

so now, it seems the only option left is ms3d. i googled it, and it seems that people rarely have any problems with ms3d format.

so whats the best model format for jme? ms3d or what?

performance is not really relevant as you'd convert to .jme for distribution

irrisor said:

performance is not really relevant as you'd convert to .jme for distribution

yes, i did. i always conver everything into binary first. but it still takes longer for some reason....or maybe im just imaging it.....

but anyways, is ms3d better than collada? i havent tried it yet~ but i did read from another posts, one of the developers said that ms3d is best for anything that involves animation. is this true?