[Beta Testers Wanted] Falling Stars: War of Empires has entered (almost) Open Beta testing!

love to be a beta tester-windows 10 and another windows 8.1 computer.

Sure thing! I just want to clean up the tutorial a little more and then
I’ll send out the invites. Hoping for later today unless we run into
issues. For the first time, we’re unable to find any crashes or “stuck”
gameplay, but I’m sure you guys can help with that :slight_smile:

Build is ready! sending out Pms!

new explosions too :slight_smile:

EXPLOSIONS AGAIN:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37297132/shipDebris1.mp4

Ok so lots of stuff going on this past month!

First, if you didn’t see, we released a more in-depth gameplay video here:

Also, the single player game is feature complete at this point with the majority of the work left being some more content and UI changes.

We’ve had ~30 people beta test the game, and it’s finally getting to the point where people who don’t play 4x or grand strategy games are able to jump in, follow the tutorial, and get a game going.

The coolest update yet is that our server is almost functional! We had to make a lot of changes to support single player in the game, and saved all of the reconciliation until now (as the game used to be multiplayer only). So far so good, the goal is to have it playable by the end of this week. After it’s up and running and tested, we’ll need as many people as we can get to stress test it, so let me know if you want to try it out!

Thanks everyone, hopefully it’s not another month before I post an update again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can’t read you videos

Sorry can you clarify? Not sure what you mean

It seems to be 404 errors for the two videos you posted from a dropbox on october 9 and november 18

Oh gotcha, yeah those were really old and all of that has been updated. You’re not missing anything. Thanks for the heads up

Hey,

thats a lot of Determination youve got there!! :smiley:
you seem to be doing really well on executing your ideas into a working game.

I haven’t played your game yet, but to me it seems like you could benefit a lot from Fields that you can’t walk on. That would add strategical depth. Same opponent same ships, but if the map looks different its a whole other match.
You could perhaps place blackwholes that block fields or a Sun etc.

Thats a common Principle in Gamedesign. Allways try to increase Depth and minimize Complexity.