Beta1 demo now available in the Market

nehon said:
Strange i can't find the app on the market, the only one i can find is the old one made by Anthon.
Did you remove it?

its still there, you might need to change market settings to show all apps.
1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S2 - GT-I9100

Android 2.3.3

EGL Config Type: Best

1. SimpleTexturedTest

Result: OK

FPS: 60ish

2. TestSkyLoadingLagoon

FPS: Starts off at about 60ish, stays around that for about 10 seconds, then goes up to 600?

3. TestSkyLoadingPrimitives

4. TestBumpModel

Result: FAIL - I see the red sphere, but neither the signpost or bricks are visible because itā€™s pitch black. I know itā€™s there though, as I can see the sphere goes behind it. Iā€™ve compiled an app for android using my device, and I canā€™t get the directional light to work at all (even though it works as normal on the desktop), in case that helps :]

5. TestNormalMapping

Result: FAIL - Same as the TestBumpModel. I see the red sphere, but nothing else.

6. TestMovingParticle

7. TestAmbient

8. TestMotionPath

Result: FAIL - Everything works except for the light. The teapot is completely black, and I can only tell itā€™s there by moving the screen to make the teapot obscure stuff behind it.

I tested the failed tests with the other EGL configs (fastest and legacy). The result is the same - pitch black objects.

Another thing I did notice was that the stats on the GUI were much brighter on the ā€œLegacyā€ config. In fact, Iā€™d say the stats when running the Fastest/Best configs were ā€œdullā€. In other words, in terms of a user viewing the text, the Legacy config produced the best result.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Tom
2 Likes

In my rush to post my results, I forgot to say how awesome this is. So Iā€™ll say it now: this is awesome. Really looking forward to using it.

Good work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Google Nexus S

Android 2.3.4

EGL Config Type: Fastest

1. SimpleTexturedTest

FPS: 48-57fps

2. TestSkyLoadingLagoon

FPS: 550-600fps

3. TestSkyLoadingPrimitives

FPS: 55-60fps

4. TestBumpModel

Result: FAIL (both Fastest and Best) ā€“ I see the red sphere, but neither the signpost or bricks are visible because itā€™s pitch black.

With ā€œLegacyā€ EGL config type : OK

FPS: 45-55fps

5. TestNormalMapping

FPS: 45-71fps (really unstable rate)

6. TestMovingParticle

Result: FAIL (for all three EGL types) - Black screen (no error though).

FPS: 21-71fps (really unstable rate)

7. TestAmbient

FPS: 55-60 fps

8. TestMotionPath

Result: OK (but long to load ā†’ around 7-10s)

FPS: 15-30fps

I donā€™t have the water test.

Iā€™ve tried with the LG Optimus 2X too but as the results are already on a previous postā€¦

Iā€™ll try with the Galaxy S2 too asap.
2 Likes

tnx @ wsnipex, tomfielder and s4milli4

I already figured from the logcat posted by wsnipex that the model should be there. Lots of vertices rendered.

tomfielderā€™s and your post made me sure that it must be a problem with the lighting.

Are you really saying that you can see the well in legacy mode?

PS: I removed the water test, as it is definitely not working and we have some other problematic demos :wink:

I just updated the app on the market: Changed the lightning on Bump and normal mapping

Bump mapping had 4 directional lights, added one ambient and removed 3 directionals

It seems as i can reproduce the problem on my LG 2x, with android 2.2

When i look at the normal mapping demo in fastest or best, its very dark, i can barely see the sphere, very brownish.

If i use legacy its bright as it should be - very interesting!

And i stripped down the size from 41 MB to 5 MB - so pls update :slight_smile:

1 Like

Samsung Galaxy S2 ā€“ GT-I9100

Android 2.3.3

TestBumpModel - Now works for me (in all configs), but itā€™s still very dark - I can only just make out the base of the sign post.

TestNormalMapping - No change. Still canā€™t see anything, with any of the configs.

The sphere I see is bright red, in all configs, on both tests.

I also uninstalled the app, then installed it againā€¦ just to be certain!

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Tom

2 Likes

Another market update done, tnx for all the feedback.

I changed the egl config chooser, so now the TestNormalMapping is working for me in all 3 configs - without a change to the demo.

I hope that will change it to the better for you guys, too - next is iā€™m gonna pump up the light :wink:

PS: If you have got any demos working which are not in the app, please tell me!

2 Likes

Sorry @larynx - still no change for me in the TestNormalMapping. I only see the red sphere.

TestUnshadedModel is working in all three configs. Still very dark though - it only seems like ambient light is working?

Cheers,

Tom

After the update I receive a ā€œOpenGL ES 2.0 not supported on this deviceā€ error. Tried reinstalling, same error occurs.

with all 3 configs? at least legacy should work

Iā€™ve tested and re-tested, even uninstalled and re-installed! I still get the same result Iā€™m afraid :frowning:

For persons lazy as me, plz add to front page:

http://i.imgur.com/pjRgo.png

1 Like

cool, tnx @EmpirePhoenix - where did you get that from?

Another update which will hopefully fix the ā€œOpenGL ES 2.0 not supportedā€ bug is in the market.

I also changed the lights: Now Bump & Normal mapping demos have exactly the same lighting, 1 point, 1 directional and 1 ambient.

http://qrcode.kaywa.com/

since jme is non commercial there should be no problem :wink:

1 Like
larynx said:
(...) Another update which will hopefully fix the "OpenGL ES 2.0 not supported" bug is in the market.
I also changed the lights: Now Bump & Normal mapping demos have exactly the same lighting, 1 point, 1 directional and 1 ambient.

Tests work fine for me again, and the bump mapping demo now displays perfectly.

With the latest update bump, normal and unshaded display correctly on my Galaxy S II, but its still very dark. I need more testing to determine if thats due to my low display brightness settings.

Motion path still does not display the moving object, although it is there.

1 Like

TestBumpModel and TestNormalMapping are now both working for me (Galaxy S2 Android 2.2.3), except for the issue with it being very dark still.

1 Like