Big jMP nightly update ahead, we use our own platform build now

well I have tried everything I know to get this work…it seems it only recognizes admins as users and dont even attempt to create the required local directories …for me any ways

The only “tool” is to right-click on the directory and check the permissions manually afaik.

But I’m wondering why it would act-up after the update. Why would the permissions be changed in the first place. Nobody should modify those… I would even dare say that if someone modified these, let them fix the problem themselves… But that’d be bad. :slight_smile:

I’m sure there are tools out there to verify permissions, but I’ve never had the need to do so.

edit

ok u guys should really add new posts notifications when the topic updates, replies “collide” and things get a bit confusing

read your post to the top

there is a .jmonkeyplatform in appDataroaming that didn’t get deleted works now

mcbeth said:
ok u guys should really add new posts notifications when the topic updates, replies "collide" and things get a bit confusing

pfff... you do :P
normen said:
pfff... you do :P

ok I dont really get u, I wrote a post that would have appeared as if I weren't listening to u, because I got no indication you replied before I did, it have save me time of editing my post or posting at all
mcbeth said:
ok I dont really get u, I wrote a post that would have appeared as if I weren't listening to u, because I got no indication you replied before I did

Yeah, and why do you scream at us? Scream at the buddypress developers.

um…k…scream…when :?

Updates worked fine on Ubuntu 10.10. The only issue I had was a dependency problem with JUnit which jMP resolved by downloading it.

The updates seemed to install Ok for me with winXP. I did need to do a re-factoring on a few projects, but all seems well so far…

There’s no installer built with the upstream NetBeans code yet, right? I just re-installed Windows for the third time in two weeks (cough cough… my last desktop worked great…) and would love a quick way of getting set up :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, but alpha-4 should be out very very soon.

Just updated everything half an hour ago and it all went to crap.

@normen, you want me to start a new thread or post in this one? While I wait for the answer I’ll try to fix it. But I’m not optimistic, I think only a reinstall will solve it.

try this fix

Running jMP w/ granted admin privileges seemed to have fixed SVN updates. (At first it complained that JmeDesktop.java was locked O_o among other things).

I had to “sudo” it because your proposed fix said I didn’t have admin privilege, which is erroneous.

The only thing left to “fix” is the 6 plugins. I will uninstall them and reinstall… Hopefully that’ll take care of it.

Here’s what I get:

Those are the 6 plugins that choke. The main problem is IDE Platform since they all pretty much depend on it.

The second part is the problem I run into when I install it.

Seems they’re all deprecated?

Suggestion beside reinstalling?

Deleting the settings folder is of utmost importance. But it might also be this is due to updates in the base platform that are not yet integrated in the nightly build of jMP, I am checking that. However its kinda silly fixing alpha-3’s now that alpha-4 is just around the corner.

Platform works fine with latest svn… Its locally broken on your computer…

Sorry but that makes me smile. Everything was working fine yesterday, I update today and it went to the crapper so it’s my system. :slight_smile:

I’m not blaming you, or having a laugh at your expense but anyway. I’ll try to fix it myself then.

Yeah you were the first to bring this contagious disease :stuck_out_tongue: