Binary file is of newer version than expected

Hello,

I’ve run into the error:

2012-jan-22 13:02:24 com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter load

ALLVARLIG: An error occured while loading jME binary object

java.io.IOException: The binary file is of newer version than expected! 2 > 1

The model i’m trying to load is viewable in the sceneexplorer, and I’ve been using it before. I can’t pinpoint when it started to go wrong though, as I was importing models through the sdk-blender importer and getting working models, but they had no material (although coming through textured), so I added a .j3m material, which seemed to work in the sceneexplorer. Or if it started going wrong after I updated nightly and sdk. At this point now I have updated SDK and nightly to be upto-date for today, the error still persists. I’m at a loss where the problem is, as it’s working in sceneexplorer and only really throws the IOException on run. Are models loaded differently than the way :

[java]Node model = (Node) assetManager.loadModel(“Models/Characters/Humans/human_1.j3o”);

[/java]

, which I am using.

I’ve tried re-importing the model, not applying a material, but the error persists.

thanks in advance

/marl

Did you use the nightly version at any point before the error occurred?

1 Like

Yes, I was using a nightly from december-17 to be precise. and I didnt get the error back then.

Edit: From the error-message I would be assuming the blender-importer was updated (hence newer version on the imported file), but then I’m doing the load of the “newer” imported model wrongly (although I haven’t changed my code since the december nightly, where it worked).

The importer is the SDK one I’m using, and I did update the SDK.

I am also having this error. I used the latest nightly build for JME and i imported a model generated in blender with the SDK. then i simply try to load the j3o in java using the latest nightyl build and i get this error:

Jan 22, 2012 5:56:56 PM com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter load

SEVERE: An error occured while loading jME binary object

java.io.IOException: The binary file is of newer version than expected! 2 > 1

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:148)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:126)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:110)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:273)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:408)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:418)

at blobvolution.testing.MeshSplitTest.simpleInitApp(MeshSplitTest.java:96)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:231)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:129)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Jan 22, 2012 5:56:56 PM com.jme3.app.Application handleError

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

com.jme3.asset.AssetLoadException: Error occured while loading asset “Models/untitled.j3o” usingBinaryImporter

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:280)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:408)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:418)

at blobvolution.testing.MeshSplitTest.simpleInitApp(MeshSplitTest.java:96)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:231)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:129)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

If you updated to a nightly version before the latest stable update this might happen, yeah.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer,

I had made the misstake of not trying to use the stable SDK-libraries (up-to-date), the model imported with the Blender-loader in SDK doesn’t give me that error, I’ll hold off on the nightlies for now.

Although now I have to work out how to make it look as it should again, a foot transforming oddly on animation, and the Bone.getAttachmentsNode() having a different direction than before (Making a sword that was sheated along the back of a character stand out straight backwards)

But this is something I haven’t looked into yet, Can probably be solved by changing my blender file to match prior to importing it. Hopefully I won’t need help with that :slight_smile:

again, cheers for the reply.

/marl

I also received this error message after I installed my software to new harddisk and then downloading JME3.

Solution for me was simple to “Check for updates” in Help menu and install them.