This is almost complete, as all I have left to do is a lot of testing It is a replacement for BitmapText, still using BitmapFont as it’s backing. This will allow me to plug and play the new class without effecting your code at all.
It still uses the enums BitmapFont.Align, BitmapFont.VAlign and LineWrapMode for defining each related property.
The library’s replacement supports the following:
- Character-based effects that you create yourself using the 2D framework’s TemporalActions.
- SubString color changes where you pass in a substring, color, effectAllInstances flag &/or a list of indexes of instances to update, like so:
TextElement.setSubStringColor(“is”, ColorRGBA.Green, false, 1, 3, 4, 7); // etc
- It supports hyperlinking!!! Not HTML hyperlinking… who gives a shit about that. I’ll write up more about this when it is implemented into the library
- All alignment modes for horizontal/vertical
- All Wrap Modes, including Clip. Clipping can be enabled on all wrap modes, but, I made use of LineWrapMode.Clip as a NoWrap with clipping enabled option.
Anyways, just want to give people fair warning about the update and have a place to ramble about features.