Blender 2.6 to JME3 problems

I have a textured model created in Blender 2.6 which I want to export into JME3. I know that officially, Ogre XML support stops with Blender 2.49b, and as such I am using an only in alpha stage Ogre XML converter (http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Import-Export/OgreDotScene_Exporter). This doesn’t do the job properly, and textured models are not exported properly (they are untextured in JME3). (If anybody has any advice about this, it would be appreciated).

I had the idea that I could open Blender 2.6 models in 2.49b and then convert to Ogre XML safely, but this doesn’t seem to work as textures are not carried over (and you’d lose animations made in 2.6 anyway). Personally, I don’t want to use 2.49b for modelling as I’m used to 2.6 now (and I’m learning!) and I’ve already made the model.

Does anybody have any advice? I was wondering if there was an alternative way to get textured models from Blender to JME3 minus Ogre XML. I know that there is the .obj data type but as far as I know this doesn’t do textures. I’m a bit stuck!

Thanks

Are you using UV coordinates with image textures? Procedural textures or generated UV coordinates don’t work with OgreXML.

Make sure all the textures are in the same folder as the model file. If this doesn’t help, you can try to load the .blend file directly using the blender importer

WARNING: Cannot find loader com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.BlenderModelLoader

I don’t about everyone else, but this is the current state of the BlenderModelLoader in JME3 Beta for me.

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/sdk:model_loader_and_viewer

Select "Tools"→"OgreXML"→"Install Blender OgreXML" in the jMonkeyEngine SDK Menu
@t0neg0d said:

I don't about everyone else, but this is the current state of the BlenderModelLoader in JME3 Beta for me.

The class is right here:
http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk/engine/src/blender/com/jme3/scene/plugins/blender/BlenderModelLoader.java
So clearly you have some issues with your setup.
You may need to add the new blender jar into your classpath.

Momoko Fan, I’ve had a look at the blender importer, looks promising! I’ll try it tomorrow and see how I get on. Survivor, I’ve managed to import Ogre xml files before (albeit untextured ones), it’s already installed. I think it’s a problem with Blender being able to export the files via Ogra xml that’s the issue.

@t0neg0d said:

I don't about everyone else, but this is the current state of the BlenderModelLoader in JME3 Beta for me.

Add the "jme3-blender" library to your project in the project settings under "libraries"->"add library". As blender is a very slow format only used during development normally you are not really expected to use it in distribution games. Just import your blend files via the model importer, they will be stored as j3o files which load much faster.

Sorry…

I keep forgetting that I’m using another install of the IDE and I need to configure it. Just ignore me :frowning:

Hi,

I have used the inbuilt JME3 .blend to .j3o converter. This doesn’t work- the imported model is a pixelated grey thing.

Error messages include “Loading of constraints not yet implemented for version 2.5x !” and “Attetion! Many textures found for material: myfirstglobe. Only the first of each supported mapping types will be used!” is this is useful for anybody. I’ve tried “packing” the textures in the .blend file but this does not work either. I’ve used a UV mapping. Has this got anything to do with it? Do you have to export coordinates or something?

Could someone tell me what files you actually need to have in order to import a textured model into JME3, after you use Ogre xml?

I assume that there is a .mesh file amongst others. When I use ogre XML exporter, I just get .scene. JME3 doesn’t seem to like just this, and doesn’t seem to import anything.

Thank you, I’m running out of ideas!

Your model doesn’t seem to be a proper game compatible model if you get these errors. No wonder it doesn’t load via the ogre exporter either. You seem to apply all kinds of blender-functions and effects to your model. Your model should be a UV-mapped model that only has color, normal and diffuse maps and is animated using bones. Nothing more. No fancy glow, ripple, texture mixing or whatever. Theres lots of info on this topic available in our documentation as well as through :google: