Blender 2.90?

I see that Blender 2.90 is out. Has anyone tried it? And thoughts?

2 Likes

wow, they are quick. Nah, im still on 2.83.8, its LTS as i know.

2 Likes

2.83??? I am still on 2.81! Perhaps they are moving too fast.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been using 2.9 for a long time, it has some interesting new features for us in the edit mode and sculpt mode.

3 Likes

From a quick glance at the changelog, there’s nothing major that changed that would help with gamedev related tasks except maybe some sculpting fixes and a new extrude mode. Most of the other new stuff is bound to cycles/eevee and denoising.

1 Like

It does look like they have an updated version of the gltf plugin. and I will say the the importer and exporter seem much faster, but that could also be the test models I used. Anyways, fbx to gltf worked fine, and I was able to load it into jme and convert to j3o without issues. (Not that I would expect an issue since nothing major has changed on the gltf spec)

I keep meaning to upgrade and see if there are still any lingering issues with linked objects in the gltf exporter. I was tracking a couple of their problem reports that were supposedly fixed.

…if that’s working now then I can make a simple script folks could use in JmeConvert to automatically split them out into separate assets with AssetNodes or whatever.

1 Like