Blender 3ds export

Hello

I'm trying to perform a very simple task but i cannot obtain correct results.

In Blender 3.49 I create a cube and assign a simple material with some diffuse color.

I export this material to 3ds and then running the "ModelLoader" demo i load this to JME 2.0.

Result is the cube with only 3! sides assigned with correct material. The rest is white.

Funny thing is that UV mapped cube (with assigned texture) is loading correctly!!!

Can you plase help me?

I'm trying to use sigificant amount of 3ds models in my JME project and most of them don't use textures but simple Materials.

Thans a lot!!!

Tomas

I don't think JME's support for .3ds format is very good.  I don't see much evidence of its use around here, and that's not a good sign.  If there are any 3ds format users, their reply here would be much more authoritative and reliable on the subject than my acccidental impressions.

xtomiii said:

Hello

I'm trying to perform a very simple task but i cannot obtain correct results.
In Blender 3.49 I create a cube and assign a simple material with some diffuse color.
I export this material to 3ds and then running the "ModelLoader" demo i load this to JME 2.0.

Result is the cube with only 3! sides assigned with correct material. The rest is white.

Funny thing is that UV mapped cube (with assigned texture) is loading correctly!!!

Can you plase help me?
I'm trying to use sigificant amount of 3ds models in my JME project and most of them don't use textures but simple Materials.

Thans a lot!!!

Tomas

i would use the ogre xml exporter instead of 3ds...
also if you are dealing with a lot of static models maybe just use obj export and add the material properties via jme's MaterialState...