Blender Loader vertices optimization

@Kaelthas

The blender loader loads 3 vertices per triangle what ever happens.

This should be optimized. Usually you merge identical vertices. (that what the ogre importer is doing).

This mean you have to check if vertices are the same (position + texcoord + normals + any possible buffer), and merge them if they are.

Right now a cube has 36 vertices, what ever the normal or texcoord are.

This is a huge waste on quite high poly count models.

A smoothed cube with no texture coordinate should have 8 vertices.

A flat shaded cube with no texture coordinate should have 24 vertices.

If you add texture coordinates the number can vary depending on the uv layout and normal combinations, but 36 would be the worst case scenario.

I don’t know if blender internal data are represented like this or if the BlenderLoader translate them like this, but it has to be optimized.

I added issue 466

any solutions if not using JMP?

What does this have to do with JMP?

The solution right now it to use ogre exporter instead of Blender loader.

This issue will be addressed eventually.

I don’t use JMP and assumed ogre exporter is something inside JMP , could u plz explain more or provide me with a link that explains what is the ogre exporter ?

thanks

@nightwolf911 said:
I don't use JMP and assumed ogre exporter is something inside JMP , could u plz explain more or provide me with a link that explains what is the ogre exporter ?

You seem to be confused. Nobody ever talked about any "ogre exporter" here, do the tutorials, especially HelloAsset.
@nightwolf911 said:
I don't use JMP and assumed ogre exporter is something inside JMP , could u plz explain more or provide me with a link that explains what is the ogre exporter ?

thanks

sure http://lmgtfy.com/?q=blender+ogre+exporter

@normen said:
You seem to be confused. Nobody ever talked about any "ogre exporter" here.

I did :p

read the post above mine

Yeah, it reads “assumed”, meaning you reference some post before, not the one you answer to.