Blinking skybox

hi there, i recently update my project to JME 3.1 and i got lot of issues
One of this is my sky box blinking

before the update i used this :

Texture sky = assetManager.loadTexture("tex/environment/sky.jpg");
Spatial skySpatial = SkyFactory.createSky(assetManager, sky, new Vector3f(-1, 1, 1), true);
rootNode.attachChild(skySpatial);

When i run my game the skybox was blinking but SkyFactory.createSky() became deprecated
So i change my code to this :

Texture sky = assetManager.loadTexture("tex/environment/sky.jpg");
Spatial skySpatial = SkyFactory.createSky(assetManager, sky, EnvMapType.SphereMap);
rootNode.attachChild(skySpatial);

This time SkyFactory.create was no longer deprecated but sky still blinking

Is it due to the alpha version ?

note: sky.jpg is just a 1x1 blue pixel image

Screen or videos will help on what you mean with “blinking”

The fact that ‘rootNode’ is being used like a method here makes me wonder what it’s really returning. Is it the actual JME rootNode or something else?

i try to record it but it blink really fast it’s hard to see, i mean normaly the sky box is light blue but it turn to black really quickly and blue and black and blue…

Just sitting still… turning the camera… jumping up and down?

my bad, it’s rootNode.attach
i edited my post :S

yes I tried, it did it every time and don’t stop
I switch back to old jmonkey and it work fine
I think it’s a due to the alpha version, very annoying :S
There many other things wrong with the new version like my blender model (characters only got one arm) and blender animation load strangely (axe X rotation become axe Z rotation)

Yes, I had skybox probs in new alpha too.

Just give us a video. If we don’t have any example of your problem it’s even harder than you can think for us to help you,trust me.

What if you try Equirect for the type of skybox?

mhhh… why not have a solid background color instead then?

Just a quick thought: Have you tried a 2x2 texture? Maybe there is something struggeling with the “power of 2”.

1 is a power of 2 technically.

1 Like

Yes sure, but I don’t know if the skybox is happy with a 2^0 :wink: Anyway, using a skycolor instead of a texture would be the better solution.