Bloom/Glow on procedural texture?

What kind of artifacts are you seeing? Is it due to the glow? Or animating the texture?

Actually, I guess I should ask… are you animating the texture using a deform? Or simply moving the texture?

I’ve been trying to solve a similar issue with deforming a texture when there is no repeat. But I doubt this is related to the issue your seeing.

That shader looks really awesome (and it did look awesome even before glow with the cyan suns :))

That makes me want to jump into writing shaders immediately (but I have to concentrate on basic features first)

Thanks.

The only thing I wish I could have on this shader is CMEs (coronal mass ejections), but the examples I found… I can’t make it happen. :frowning: I’m switching to other things right now, maybe inspiration will come back later on. :wink:

Right now what I’m trying to do is to procedurally generate a skybox using a pretty damn good snippet I found. Unsure if I’ll be able to do it, but I hope so.

@t0neg0d said:
@madjack Any chance of getting a look at the shader code when you're finished? I'm always interested in learning something new when it comes to shaders :)

I decided to "release" it... Well, in bits and pieces.

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/graphics/forum/topic/plasma-tube-like-effects/#post-169276