BUG?! Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

I’ve just got this error:

Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No material is set for Geometry: Box
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderSubScene(RenderManager.java:671)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderSubScene(RenderManager.java:665)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderSubScene(RenderManager.java:665)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderScene(RenderManager.java:640)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:974)
at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1029)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:252)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:151)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:185)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:228)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I would have debugged it by my self, but in the Stacktrace there is no reference to my own code, so I have no chance to check, what I did wrong. And because there is no reference to my code I have the assumption that it is a Bug in JMonkeyEngine itself.

I’ve just wrote a simple code, which creates a SimpleApplication and display in it several Box Geometries.

Tell me if you think it is nessecary to see my code, but I don’t think it is useful because of the reason I explained above.

I hope somebody could help me!

Dennis

^----

2 Likes

Oh sorry it was my fault, i copied an Geometry an when it comes to .setMaterial, I didn’t change the variable name! I just looked in the stacktrace to get displayed, where my fault was in developing, but there was nothing displayed!
How worse is debugging if you don’t see, where the error appears, isn’t there a way that it is displayed exactly where you don’t have set the material?

The only place we know you haven’t set the material before render is when the geometry is rendered. You could have set the material anywhere… so we can’t tell you where you didn’t.