Bui fps

After Big Problem Numba 3, I re-installed windows, got the latest bui source, and recompiled under the latest jme from cvs, and  I resumed testing why BUI was so slow, and I still got the awfully slow speed.

I reduced the Layout test to a single testbox/area, and a vertical scroll bar. It starts at around 40 fps, and as I get more text into the textarea/box, it quickly reduces to 20fps, 11fps, and below 10 fps. If I remove the vertical scroll bar, the application starts out as max fps(800-1000), and as I add more text, it plundges down to 100fps, 20fps, 11fps, and below 10 fps. I am clueless on what to do. I've tried starting the test directly from the jvm ( Usually I started from eclipse), and still get the same results. I tried diffrent Javas ( 1.4,1.5,even 1.6).

System Specs:

Radeon ATI 9800 XT 256mb

3.0ghz pentium 4

I've tried drivers old and new, and nothing works? Maybe my video card is broken? Not likley since everything else works fine… Except BUI. I believe it might also be something in the BUI code that affects ATI cards?

I tried this on another computer, and it worked fine, really fast even. I narrowed down the problem to be my driver. I tried the official ATI driver, the omega driver, and now searching for more drivers.

EDIT: DNA driver doesnt work either. :(.

Dansas said:

I've tried drivers old and new, and nothing works? Maybe my video card is broken? Not likley since everything else works fine.... Except BUI. I believe it might also be something in the BUI code that affects ATI cards?
It may be that I'm using GL11.glScissor() but I can't think of anything else that BUI does that might behave strangely.