Build JME Android

I try to build src/android for long time , but I didn’t success it. Some please advise me , How to build src/android by Eclicpse

Thank in advance

Following these steps, when do you come to a halt?

Thank you erlend sh for reply

I checked out source code from SVN and create new project from java Project from existing Ant buildfile (Eclipse 3.5)

and I choose build-android.xml ,When I build Project java compliler return me 14 error at OGLESShaderRenderer.java and OGLESRenderer.java. Please tell me, I do missed the thing.

Thank you in advance

check out whole project from SVN.

build-android.xml is just for part of JME. Its not the main build so its missing something. So the steps are

1. checkout jme3. this can be as java project or as ant build but chose the main ant build file. Does not really matter.
  2. ant clean
  3. ant build
  4. ant -buildfile build-android.xml

then just verify that android directory and test cases are generated.

Thank K.devdroider

I’ve do the step by you suggest when i build java compiler return the following to me

Buildfile: C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3build-android.xml

initialize:

compile:

[javac] Compiling 15 source files to C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3buildandroid

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1801: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : method getId()

[javac] location: class com.jme3.texture.Image

[javac] int texId = img.getId();

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1810: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : method setId(int)

[javac] img.setId(texId);

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1811: registerForCleanup(com.jme3.renderer.GLObject) in com.jme3.renderer.GLObjectManager cannot be applied to (com.jme3.texture.Image)

[javac] objManager.registerForCleanup(img);

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1817: incomparable types: com.jme3.texture.Texture and com.jme3.texture.Image

[javac] if (context.boundTextures[0] != img){

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1831: incompatible types

[javac] found : com.jme3.texture.Image

[javac] required: com.jme3.texture.Texture

[javac] context.boundTextures[0] = img;

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1884: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : method clearUpdateNeeded()

[javac] img.clearUpdateNeeded();

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1889: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : method isUpdateNeeded()

[javac] if (image.isUpdateNeeded()){

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1893: cannot find symbol

[javac] int texId = image.getId();

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1900: incompatible types

[javac] found : com.jme3.texture.Texture[]

[javac] required: com.jme3.texture.Image[]

[javac] Image[] textures = context.boundTextures;

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1935: incompatible types

[javac] found : com.jme3.texture.Texture[]

[javac] required: com.jme3.texture.Image[]

[javac] Image[] textures = context.boundTextures;

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1949: cannot find symbol

[javac] int texId = image.getId();

[javac] ^

[javac] C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3srcandroidcomjme3rendererandroidOGLESShaderRenderer.java:1958: cannot find symbol

[javac] symbol : method resetObject()

[javac] image.resetObject();

[javac] ^

[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

[javac] 12 errors

BUILD FAILED

C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorAndriodWorkSpace1C++jme3build-android.xml:34: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 2 seconds

what i do the miss thing.

Thank in advance

No it works. Lets take it step by step.

Does ant clean work?

Does and build work?

Lets verify this before going onto ant -buildfile build-android.xml

you’re checkout should be complete. Not based on build-android.xml file. Just checkout as java project should be 100MB +

Thank K.devdroider

Now I already build success thank you for your suggest , It’s because I did’nt build all ant file.