Building JME Physics from CVS

Thought I would try out the physics API. I downloaded the current CVS and looked for a build.xml of some sort, but there isn’t one. I noticed that the ode4java is all extracted into src/org??

So other than adding this src to my own build path, is there anything I need to do to get this to work? It would be nice to have a build file to create the jme-physics jar of some sort.

Thanks.

You can build it easily with Eclipse, else, use the classical command line method… But a build file would be good :slight_smile:

About odejava, the whole package has been changed to use the jme math library instead of the vecmaths one. It’s better so has Ode is fully integrated in jME without the need of others external libraries.

Chman

"Chman" wrote:
You can build it easily with Eclipse, else, use the classical command line method... But a build file would be good :)

About odejava, the whole package has been changed to use the jme math library instead of the vecmaths one. It's better so has Ode is fully integrated in jME without the need of others external libraries.

Chman

Ok, cool. I just added it's src folder to my project as a src folder and put the dll for ode in my appropriate folder. All works well.

Thanks.

Actually, if you’re using Eclipse, the best way to do this is to reference the physicsSystem project… we actually spoke some yesterday on how to achieve this:

http://jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/viewtopic.php?t=1425&start=0

So other than adding this src to my own build path, is there anything I need to do to get this to work? It would be nice to have a build file to create the jme-physics jar of some sort.

Yes - you need to have the odejava native file (dll, so etc) in your path. It's located in the lib folder you got from CVS.

I use IDEA. I put the dll where it needed to go and in IDEA you can go into the project properties and tell it what folders are source folders. Easy as pie. :slight_smile:

Great then :slight_smile: