Building problems

I tried to compile jME using netbeans 5.5. I followed each step of the tutorial from the wiki. But when i come to step 8 of “Build the jME-Physics 2 sources” and start clean and build, i get 100 errors (the last lines quoted below).

symbol  : class SWIGTYPE_p_dGeomID
    private static class MySWIGTYPE_p_dGeomID extends SWIGTYPE_p_dGeomID {
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrccomjmexphysicsimplodeOdePhysicsSpace.java:601: cannot find symbol
symbol  : class SWIGTYPE_p_dGeomID
location: class com.jmex.physics.impl.ode.OdePhysicsSpace.MySWIGTYPE_p_dGeomID
        protected static long getCPtr(SWIGTYPE_p_dGeomID obj) {
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejavaGeomBox.java:31: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
import org.odejava.ode.Ode;
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejavaGeomBox.java:32: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
import org.odejava.ode.SWIGTYPE_p_float;
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejavaGeomCapsule.java:30: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejavaGeomCylinder.java:30: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejavaGeomRay.java:30: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejavaGeomRay.java:31: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
import org.odejava.ode.SWIGTYPE_p_float;
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrcorgodejavaGeomSphere.java:30: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrccomjmexphysicsimplodejointsHingeJointAxis.java:38: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
import org.odejava.ode.OdeConstants;
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrccomjmexphysicsimplodejointsHingeJointAxis2.java:38: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
MY_PATHjmephysics2_cvsjmephysicsimplodesrccomjmexphysicsimplodejointsSliderJointAxis.java:38: package org.odejava.ode does not exist
100 errors
BUILD FAILED (total time: 3 seconds)

can anyone help me?

hm i didn't follow the wiki but seems fairly ok

try "clean project" before "build project"

I think You need at least following .jar's addet in project properties->libraries (odejava only usage):

some of the jme jar's  (i have them all packaged in a NetBeans library and use this)

/impl/ode/lib/odejava-jni.jar

/ant/lib/junit.jar

and don't forget the native libs in vm arguments

adding "/impl/ode/lib/odejava-jni.jar" obviously solved the problem. this definetly should be added to the wiki  :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks

this definetly should be added to the wiki

What, your fingers broken?  :D

I think what StableBoyLiam was trying to say is that anyone can edit the wiki and we depend greatly on the users of jME to help make the wiki better and fix problems with it as they are encountered.

Since this problem also caused some trouble for me I have updated the wiki so it now includes the step for adding "/impl/ode/lib/odejava-jni.jar"

Great…we could all learn from your example. :slight_smile:

Want a cookie?  XD