Camera behaviour in 2d

I'm having trouble with camera behaviour in 2d.  I'm using rootNode.setRenderQueueMode(Renderer.QUEUE_ORTHO) but I don't seem to be able to move the camera around.  Ideally I'd like to have a player in the centre of the screen, followed by the camera so that all the action scrolls around them; however normal behaviour in 3d, like changing camera location or using a CameraNode attached to the player don't seem to work.  Am I misunderstanding something about how this works in 2d?

any help much appreciated

There is no camera in this mode, because 0,0 is always at the centre of the screen. Just move the coordinates of the objects (eg. by attaching them to a node, and moving that node based on input).

ah ok, that makes sense

thanks

llama said:

There is no camera in this mode, because 0,0 is always at the centre of the screen. J

as far as i know 0, 0 is the lower left corner.

Uh, yes, there are two different Ortho modes in jME…  I guess the other one is used for QUEUE_ORTHO

huh? 2 ortho modes? and i thought we were talking about QUEUE_ORTHO ! :?

There's setOrtho() and setOrthoCenter(). But it's setOrtho() that's used for the render queue, so as I tried to say, I was mistaken there.

i just didn't understand what you were saying. now i do  :wink: