CameraNode and WaterGeometry in loaded scene but not hooked up

I have a CameraNode and WaterGeometry Node that I saved in a scene, but nothing is automatically done with them when the scene is loaded. From my experience with BitmapText, I take it that just because something is saved in a scene by the Exporter, it doesn’t mean the loadModel command will actually do something with it. Is the general idea here that after you load a scene you have to figure out all the things that the loader ignored or threw an Exception on and then find a way to fix them? E.g, find the CameraNode in the scene and make it the Camera.

In the case of water, the WaterGeometry is saved in the scene but the SimpleWaterProcessor is not. That means you have half the information necessary to create the water scene.

Things that are not part of the scenegraph are not stored in the scene, no.

Is it true that I need to find the CameraNode in the scene and then manually set it up myself? I don’t know if this is a case of me simply not understanding how to make JMonkeyEngine do this automatically or if I need to do it myself.

@Zachary-Hilbun said: Is it true that I need to find the CameraNode in the scene and then manually set it up myself? I don't know if this is a case of me simply not understanding how to make JMonkeyEngine do this automatically or if I need to do it myself.

The loaded model cannot know which camera you want to set to the camera node. It doesn’t even have access to the application object to guess that you might want the default camera.

Actually, for that matter, the loader can’t guess which camera node (of potentially many) you might want to link to the camera right now. Plus, it has no idea when you will actually add the model to the scene.

Name your camera node something meaningful and it takes one line of code to find it.

Thanks for the help. It isn’t hard to set this up. I just wanted to make sure I needed to do it.