Can’t get Tutorial 13 – "Hello Physics" to compile

Hey all,

I’m following Tutorial 13 - “Hello Physics”, and I can’t get it to compile. I’ve linked the appropriate libraries, my code itself seems correct, and I can’t find anything obviously wrong. Here’s the errors:

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.createPhysicsSpace(FFFFFFIZ)J
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
at com.jme3.bullet.BulletAppState.startPhysicsOnExecutor(Unknown Source)
at com.jme3.bullet.BulletAppState.startPhysics(Unknown Source)
at com.jme3.bullet.BulletAppState.stateAttached(Unknown Source)
at com.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.attach(AppStateManager.java:79)
at helloMonkey.HelloMonkey.simpleInitApp(HelloMonkey.java:60)
at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:230)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:129)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.createPhysicsSpace(FFFFFFIZ)J
at com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.createPhysicsSpace(Native Method)
at com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.create(Unknown Source)
at com.jme3.bullet.PhysicsSpace.(Unknown Source)
at com.jme3.bullet.BulletAppState$1.call(Unknown Source)
at com.jme3.bullet.BulletAppState$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

The "UnsatisfiedLinkError" makes me think I'm forgetting a resource somewhere, but I can't find anything obvious...

How do you compile the sources? This looks like you somehow managed to mix the bullet and jbullet code. Did you set up the engine source as an eclipse project that you import to your other project by any chance? Just use the jar files.

I followed the Installation Guide for JME3 exactly, and just referenced the external jars.

All the namespaces are within JME3 anyways.

This is running in Eclipse Helios by the way.

So what jar files did you include in the project build path?

eventbus.jar, jheora-jst-debug-0.6.0.jar, jinput.jar, jME3-bullet.jar, jME3-bullet-natives.jar, jME3-jbullet.jar, jMonkeyEngine3.jar, j-ogg-oggd.jar, j-ogg-vorbisd.jar, launch4j.jar, lwjgl.jar, nifty.har, nifty-default-controls.jar, nifty-default-controls-javadoc.jar, nifty-examples.jar, nifty-javadoc.jar, nifty-style-black.jar, noise-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar, progaurd.jar, retrace.jar, stack-alloc.jar, vecmath.jar, xmlpull-xpp3.jar, xstream.jar.

(There’s a lot here that’s unneeded, I realize, but for the moment I’m just messing with the tutorials.)

Don’t include jME3-bullet and jME3-jbullet, use just one of them. The manual talks about “all jar files in lib/” but the jME3-bullet.jar isn’t in the lib folder… Anyway the jar file structure has changed recently, where did you get those files or the source?

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/development-discussion-jme3/forum/topic/library-and-source-cleanups-bye-bye-jmonkeyengine3-jar/

1 Like

Even after slimming down to just jME3-bullet.jar, I’m still getting the same error. I’m going to mess with my referenced libraries, give me a moment.

Ok, I redownloaded and re-imported a fresh copy of all the libraries and that fixed things. Maybe I grabbed a bad copy or something? Thanks!

You should use the jME3-jbullet.jar, native bullet is in development still. Anyway why don’t you just use the SDK? You can set the keyboard shortcuts so they work like Eclipse.

1 Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XglN7yZ-Njo

2 Likes