Can’t launch jMonkeyPlatform

Hello! I need some help! My English not too good and I’m sorry for this.

I have installed jME3_SDK_Alpha-4 for windows from this place: http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/downloads/list. But I can’t launch it… I try to execute jmonkeyplatform-bin-jmonkeyplatform.exe, but nothing happend!

My antivirus software was turned off while installation process. I have jdk 6 and netbeans 7.0 on my computer; it all works. I have jME3_2011-07-24 nightly build. It correctly works with netbean. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate (win32).

I’ve never used jMonkeyPlatform, but I want to start use it. Please help me!

Without any error output theres not much we can do to help I am afraid. Either start from command line to see the error output or check the log file under AppData/Roaming/.jmonkeyplatform/dev/var/log

I try to start program from command line.

I got message: “Your user directory C:/Program Files/jmonkeyplatform cannot reside inside your NetBeans installation directory C:/Program Files/jmonkeyplatform.” And there are no .jmonkeyplatform directory in AppData/Roaming…

NetBeans installed in D:/Programs/NetBeans

Problem solved. My user name in windows was in my own language. I create new user with English name. Thanks :smiley:

Oh, thanks for the feedback, this might actually be very interesting for other people too. So you say your name has special characters and that probably confused the installer / application?

I certainly did think it. But now I think that my language isn’t the problem. My own language is Russian. I’ve created another one user with Russian letters, but it work: jME successful started.

I try to describe steps:

1. I have installed jMonkeyPlatform on my main windows account. User name is on Russian language - Андрей. It is installed, but when I try to execute jmonkeyplatform/bin/jmonkeyplatform.exe nothing happend. And there are no folder C:/Users/Андрей/.jmonkeyplatform and folder C:/Users/Андрей/AppData/Roaming/.jmonkeyplatform. If I start application from command line there is message: “Your user directory C:/Program Files/jmonkeyplatform cannot reside inside your NetBeans installation directory C:/Program Files/jmonkeyplatform.”.
  2. jMonkeyPlatform is already installed. I create new user. Language is not important. Try to launch platform on this account and it is launched. Check folders - there are exists.

It is don’t work only on my main windows account. Why? - I don’t know, yet.
1 Like

That is indeed strange, I’d rather expect it to have problems on secondary (non-admin) user accounts… Well, Windows has messed up user rights ever since they were introduced in NT so I guess it has to do with user rights somehow… Your feedback is much appreciated.

All users have admin rights. I think something wrong in my system and not in your software. Thank you for your help! I will inform you if I completely solve this problem.

1 Like

Its very strange that somehow the user directory would end up in program files. Perhaps you messed up your environment variables?

I have no problems with another programs. And I typed “set homepath” in command line to see current value.“HOMEPATH=/Users/Андрей” And other variables seems to be right.

What else can I do to solve this problem? What should I do to find the reason of the problem?

I can reinstall Windows or continue to use new Windows account… but it’s not interesting :slight_smile:

The same problem with NetBeans IDE: netbeans-org Later I will try to use Process Monitor to see what’s the application trying to do.

The problem is completely solved! The ProcessMonitor helps me :slight_smile: There is following error:

HKCU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/Shell Folders/AppData NAME_NOT_FOUND

I have created this line manually and the application works now.

1 Like

Hello.

First of all i’m new here and i would like to say thank you for JME!

I need some help too:

I have downloaded jME3_SDK_Alpha-4 for windows (from JMonkeyEngine.org) and installed it.

My problem is that I can’t launch JMonkeyPlatform, or it appears there is a bug when the main frame

is going to be visible. After the loading step is achieved when launching the application, the main frame

appears for less than 1 sec and the process sudenly exit. I have an error log but I can’t find a solution to

that:

"

#

An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:

#

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6dbd7918, pid=4204, tid=3764

#

Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Server VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode)

Problematic frame:

V [jvm.dll+0x117918]

#

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

#

T H R E A D

Current thread (0x09369c00): JavaThread "LWJGL Renderer Thread" [_thread_in_vm, id=3764]

siginfo: ExceptionCode=0xc0000005, reading address 0x00000000

Registers:
EAX=0x00000000, EBX=0x0c82593c, ECX=0x0e5da688, EDX=0x0c825944
ESP=0x41d4f100, EBP=0x09369c00, ESI=0x0823126c, EDI=0x0c825940
EIP=0x6dbd7918, EFLAGS=0x00010206

Top of Stack: (sp=0x41d4f100)
0x41d4f100: 09369c00 09369ce8 41d4f288 081f1750
0x41d4f110: 41d4f288 0c825940 6dbd7aba 00000000
0x41d4f120: 0823126c 00000000 09369c00 00000000
0x41d4f130: 09369ce8 41d4f288 081f1750 09369c00
[...]
"

Can someone help me?

Update your graphics card drivers and make sure your card supports OpenGL 2.0

I updated the driver to the last version, but I still have the same message when running the application:

#

An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:

#

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x6dbd7918, pid=4536, tid=2972

#

Java VM: Java HotSpot™ Server VM (1.6.0-b105 mixed mode)

Problematic frame:

V [jvm.dll+0x117918]

#

An error report file with more information is saved as C:UsersLOC_PE~1AppDataLocalTemphs_err_pid4536.log

#

If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp

#

There is no problem about OpenGL (my card supports 3.2)

For information I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD5730, but so far I haven’t got any trouble with it…

I had an old version of JMonkeyPlatform which worked well

Try to install the latest version of JDK.

Latest version of JDK 6 that is

Indeed my jdk 6 version was out of date, which caused the bug…

I installed the latest version and it works :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help!