Can’t test TestTextureArray from JME3 Tests

Hi, I can’t test TestTextureArray from JME3 Tests, I’m getting this error message:

[java]

Mrz 01, 2012 1:35:10 AM com.jme3.app.Application handleError

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

com.jme3.asset.AssetNotFoundException: jme3test/texture/UnshadedArray.j3md

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:268)

at com.jme3.material.Material.<init>(Material.java:116)

at jme3test.texture.TestTextureArray.simpleInitApp(TestTextureArray.java:24)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:231)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:129)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:205)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

[/java]

anybody know whats wrong?

It happens on a fresh Test Project.

You will have to have the latest version of jme (probably trunk and not the beta version). You can check it out from SVN. But first try updating your version to the latest nightly and see if it is there.

1 Like

ok, so ive updated the sdk to the latest build by going to tools->plugins->settings, then i activated “jMonkeyEngine SDK Nighty” and checked for updates on help->check for updates. The update worked but the the error still occurs.

If i can update something else it would be great to know how to do that.

I cannot remember when the texture array came into the codebase, but try checking out Trunk from SVN. My local copy has it.

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:build_from_sources

1 Like

If you created the test project before updating then you may have to remove it and recreate it. Dependencies changed and you may no longer be picking up the right ones in that project.

1 Like

ive checked out Trunk from SVN and now everything is fine. thanks guys.

nightly = nightly build of trunk, so if you update your SDK to nightly you get “trunk” for your projects and the SDK. However its recommended to use the stable updates, did you do them all? I don’t think the tests have changed in nightly and updating to nightly brings other issues as its a WIP and prone to break.

I’ve updated the SDK like I’ve said above and imported a new project from Team->subversion->checkout. The Project works but if i create a new test project from the sdk its still broken.

If I’m honest, I dont know whats going on. I have no idea what to update where.

Is there any wiki on how to keep everything up to date? I’m kinda confused now.

It would be cool if the download version from the download menu would be up to date with everything, or updates itself on startup.