Cannot import AlphaState

I was following the tutorials on the jMonkey Engine and I got up to where it was teaching you how to apply an image for the mouse but when I try to import AlphaState it says "The import com.jme.scene.state.AlphaState cannot be resolved" if anyone could help that would be great.

Alpha State is not in jME2 :)  You must’ve been following old tutorials…  Do you mind posting a link as to where they were?

This should get you going in the right direction

I actually forgot where the url is but could anyone give me a more recent one. thanks  :slight_smile:

one could, instead of just posting that its not in 2.0 any more, post what it was replaced by.  :wink: It's called BlendState now.

dhdd said:

one could, instead of just posting that its not in 2.0 any more, post what it was replaced by.  ;) It's called BlendState now.

I should've looked at the thread again, he/she PM'd me with the same reply so I replied in PM :(

For the benefit of everyone, here is an updated 2.0 example of setting up a game with a BlendState and mouse cursor (The very beginning of the simpleInitGame() method is where you want to look):

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php/starter:hello_mouse_pick_jme2:hello_mousepick

Thanks this should help :smiley: