Cant even create a new project using the SDK

Hi,

I want to use to sdk to create 3d android apps easily.

So I downloaded the jme sdk and installed it.

Then I downloaded java jdk (the latest) because jmeSDK was whining about it everytime I started.

Now it does not complain upon start, but as the program has start there is nothing in the project list.

No projects at all. So I created a new one and nothing happens.

I dont get a new project created and opend, nothing seem to be done at all.

So I clicked open project, and then I found all the projects that I’v tried to create using this sdk. But it cant open it.

When I put my marked on one of the projects it says under the “Project name:” label: “<unrecognized project; missing plug-in?>”

Not really sure what it meens.

How do I fix this?

Make sure the JDK is installed before the SDK or set the path in the (app dir)/etc/jmonkeyplatform.conf file, also it works best with JDK6, as mentioned in the manual and on the download page.

1 Like

Thanks man! :slight_smile:

Going with java 7 tho as I heard the only problems are not too relevant to my projects…

Anyways thanks alot :slight_smile:

Okej now I’v installed jdk 6 and netbeans 6 and then changed so the confg file in jme platform is:

# ${HOME} will be replaced by user home directory according to platform
default_userdir="${HOME}/.${APPNAME}/3.0beta"
default_mac_userdir="${HOME}/Library/Application Support/${APPNAME}/3.0beta"

# options used by the launcher by default, can be overridden by explicit
# command line switches
default_options="--branding jmonkeyplatform -J-Xms24m -J-Xmx512m -J-XX:PermSize=256m -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false -Dsun.java2d.opengl=false -Dsun.java2d.pmoffscreen=false"
# for development purposes you may wish to append: -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome switch
jdkhome="C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_30/"

# clusters' paths separated by path.separator (semicolon on Windows, colon on Unices)
#extra_clusters=

I set it manually like this:
# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome switch
jdkhome="C:/Program Files/Java/jdk1.6.0_30/"

and the modules load fine.

But still it cant even remember a project the second it has created one. It cant recognize it either when trying to open it.
Why is that?

Why do you install NetBeans all the time? I thought you want to use the SDK oO

I thought the sdk problem was that it somehow “extended” netbeans thus I installed it to try to solve the problem…

Anyways, if the path is correct and not inside a comment… How come the projects and nothing with the sdk is working?

I don’t know, windows is a fragile thing and from what I know from you, you make every install special in some way ^^

1 Like