Can't find error message for why my app is crashing

I’m able to run the blue square default game on android. but the game im working on crashes as it loads With just a message “Unfortunatley MyGame has stopped” on my android device.

Though there are no error messages in the output console of netbeans, or anywhere that i can find.

inside main activity i also tried

eglConfigVerboseLogging = true;

and

LogManager.getLogManager().getLogger("").setLevel(Level.ALL);

but i still dont see any logging anywhere.

How do I find the exception that was thrown, or any kind of output information from my program? (im using the latest stable jmonkey sdk)

You don’t see any logging at all? You start the application on the device using the “play” button in the SDK though, right? If you copy the apk and install it manually you don’t get logging in the SDK.

well there are messages, but they are generated by the sdk after pushing the green run button on the top. This is the output window after pushing run.

[java]
ant -q -f C:\Users\Danny\dev\jMonkeyProjects\BasicGame run-android
Copying application libraries to android project.
Adding libraries for android.
Unzipping Assets to Android Directories
Building debug android application version.
No sub-builds to iterate on
Waiting for device to be ready… Connect your device now if its not connected yet.
Logging android device output, cancel build or disconnect device to stop logging.
BUILD STOPPED (total time: 1 minutes 17 seconds)
[/java]

one it says “Logging android device output” the program starts up on my phone (screen turns black), then next shows the error message saying that it crashed… BUILD STOPPED shows up after i force stop the process using the small x on the bottom right of netbeans…

@icamefromspace said: well there are messages, but they are generated by the sdk after pushing the green run button on the top. This is the output window after pushing run.

[java]
ant -q -f C:\Users\Danny\dev\jMonkeyProjects\BasicGame run-android
Copying application libraries to android project.
Adding libraries for android.
Unzipping Assets to Android Directories
Building debug android application version.
No sub-builds to iterate on
Waiting for device to be ready… Connect your device now if its not connected yet.
Logging android device output, cancel build or disconnect device to stop logging.
BUILD STOPPED (total time: 1 minutes 17 seconds)
[/java]

one it says “Logging android device output” the program starts up on my phone (screen turns black), then next shows the error message saying that it crashed… BUILD STOPPED shows up after i force stop the process using the small x on the bottom right of netbeans…

What phone are you trying to run this on?

its a samsung galaxy s2

… however… i figured out what the issue was.

on the output window theres a wrench icon on the left that says “ant settings”. If you click on that you have to then change the verbosity level to be normal or higher. then you can see the output coming back from the phone… for some reason for me it was set to “quiet”

2 Likes