Can't manually go to Full screen

Hello.

When the Graphics settings dialog box shows up, if I check the full screen box then the two options I’m presented with are 16bpp and 32bpp. None of these work with my graphics card.
In order for me to go into full screen I have to do it programatically by chossing 24bpp with full screen. I believe this is a bug.

I have two graphics card running simultaneously which I use to play the latest pc games: Nvidia GT 8200 + GT 9000 which the driver reads as and Nvidia GT 9200. I pretty much know this problems doesn’t have to do with my graphics card because as I said I play the latest pc games on my computer.

Which OS is this on? Are these graphics cards in SLI mode? When you choose resolution in the OS, does it show 32bpp as the option or 24bpp?

Windows 7. Not certified SLI, but anyways the integrated graphics card is a Nvidia GT 9000. It shows 16 depth and 32 color depth, now it is on 32 color depth.

The order in which I call the settings solved the problem:

[java] AppSettings settings = new AppSettings(true);
    settings.setUseJoysticks(true);
    //settings.setRenderer("JOGL");
    settings.setResolution(1280,720);
    settings.setVSync(true);
    settings.setBitsPerPixel(32);
    //settings.setFrameRate(60);
    //settings.setFrequency(60);
    //settings.setAudioRenderer("JOAL");
    settings.setRenderer(AppSettings.LWJGL_OPENGL_ANY);
    settings.setFullscreen(true);
    app.setSettings(settings);
    app.setShowSettings(false);
    app.start();[/java]

I made sure I called setFullscreen(true) in the later methods and not early.

Choosing from the dialog box 32bpp with fullscreen was solved as well. I guess it saved the settingsm like @normen once told me that JMonkey saves the settings.

Ok, I thought about the situation and everything is fine, it’s just the warnings which are recursively infinite.

How can I turn off this warning “Error in Scene! Framebuffer doesn’t have any renderbuffers attached.”?

The program has always been fine it’s just this warning is infinitely pops up and you have to forcibly shut down JMonkey.

When does it appear? Are you using canvas or regular display?

@Momoko_Fan I don’t know what do you mean with canvas or regular display. I know what they are on other context but I don’t know what do you mean right now. Furthermore, my programs is just an extension of the SimpleApplication.java. I hope that answers your question.

Anyways, under Opengl I set my the option to Heavyweight canvas, this alleviated/“fixed” the situation. I hope the problem doesn’t pop up again. For now I can resume development. :slight_smile:

I’m still listening to you @Momoko_Fan, by the way.

@Pixelapp said: Ok, I thought about the situation and everything is fine, it's just the warnings which are recursively infinite.

How can I turn off this warning “Error in Scene! Framebuffer doesn’t have any renderbuffers attached.”?

The program has always been fine it’s just this warning is infinitely pops up and you have to forcibly shut down JMonkey.

You mean forcibly shut down the SDK?

I get this problem, too. I have for a really really long time. I just don’t ever run any JME apps full screen while I have the SDK open. Never looked much into why or how to work around it… it’s annoying but for me easy to avoid for now. And yeah, since I know I’m going to have to kill the SDK anyway, when I want to test full screen I just shut the SDK down first.

OK in that case it is an issue in the SDK and not your application, you don’t need to worry about it.

I think its due to the fact that framebuffers are not shared across OpenGL contexts but I am not sure in what circumstances it happens.

@pspeed I need this functionality. In full screen my application gives me double the frame rate, I was worried my program was too heavy when in fact it was very light and lean. Anyways as I said, by enabling heavy weight the problem went away.

@Momoko_Fan said: OK in that case it is an issue in the SDK and not your application, you don't need to worry about it.

I think its due to the fact that framebuffers are not shared across OpenGL contexts but I am not sure in what circumstances it happens.

I don’t know what specific about my setup makes it happen but any JME app running full screen (in SDK or not, doesn’t matter) will always kill the SDK on my machine. It’s consistent for me. 100% of the time, I get the recurring error and have to force close the SDK.

Windowed mode is fine. I can’t remember if other OpenGL apps kill it but probably.

I may try the heavyweight setting because it is kind of annoying when I run something full screen by accident.