Can't set up Eclipse

I'm new at jME, so new i havn't even set up Eclipse to build jME (using the tutorial at http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme).

When i tried to expand the head (step 5), it gave the error 'The server reported an error while performing the "cvs update" comand.'

could someone help, for i have been for some time to try to make it work correctly.

I took a look at my Eclipse CVS setup to try to give you a hand - but I get the same error. The dev.java.net web site says they are having problems at their end and are looking into it  :-o.

Thank you, i hope it'll be fixed soon.

How long must we bear with you Java.net:stuck_out_tongue:

In the meantime you can always download the nightly build from the web site to get started.

OK, thats a good idea, thanks guys

Well i had the same problem. With the latest Eclispe version running with the 1.6 JDK.

In fact you can still use the CVS repository.

Here the walkrought.

Do :

Launch Eclipse.

File / new / Project.

CVS / Projects from CVS.

Check the select box "create a new repository location" or use "existing repository location" if you setted it on the CVS view.

Fill the CVS location.

Next.

"Use sp

the wiki already contains such a guide: http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=setting_up_eclipse_to_build_jme

Yep but due to some problems (with the cvs plugin on the last eclipse release), the HowTo connect to the JmonkeyEngine CVS repository don't work anymore.

afaik the last release is 3.2 and the tut was done with 3.2

3.3 is still beta

Then i don't know from where the problem come.

"When i tried to expand the head (step 5), it gave the error 'The server reported an error while performing the "cvs update" comand." << got exactly the same problem, and solved it by creating a Project from CVS.

I use exactly the same version of Eclipse at work and our the plugin work with our CVS.

Maybe the last update of dev.java.net is about to it.

I can say that I went throught that tutorial twice in the last month on two different machines with eclipse 3.2 and it worked great for me. Maybe its an issue specific to your setup?  :?

kelrag said:

'The server reported an error while performing the "cvs update" comand."

the java.net cvs repository is extremely slow and badly structured. i suppose that was the reason for failure.

Just a note, I'm having the same issue, so I dont think its something the OP is doing wrong. This issue popped up in the last couple weeks.

Kelraq's solution seems to work though. Thanks a bunch.