Can't use the SceneComposer in my Maven Java Application

Hey

I have created a Maven Java Application and transferred my Java Java Application into it.
Because the maven project did not have a project assets folder, I couldn’t load my scenes.
So I have created a new resources folder to use it as a assets folder.
/Users/bmi/JME3/mavenproject1/src/main/resources/Scenes/Terrain.j3o

mavenproject1
|-- Source Packages
|-- Test Packages
|-- Other Sources
| ‘-- src/main/resources
| |-- Interface
| |-- MatDefs
| |-- Materials
| |-- Models
| |-- Scenes
| | ‘-- Terrain.j3o
| |-- Shaders
| |-- Sounds
| ‘-- Textures
|-- Dependencies
|-- Test Dependencies
|-- Java Dependencies
‘-- Project Files

Now I can load my Scenes normally like before with:
Spatial terrain = assetManager.loadModel(“Scenes/Terrain.j3o”);

But in the SDK I can’t make a right click on Terrain.j3o to use Edit in SceneComposer, Add in SceneComposer, Link in SceneComposer, Edit Terrain or Edit Vehicle.

I can click on the options but then nothing happens.

Does anyone know what I could do to fix it?

I appreciate every answer or hint :slight_smile:

The SDK thinks you don’t have an asset folder. It can only load stuff from an asset folder. You will have to configure your project to point to your asset folder.

1 Like

The SDK recognizes automatically the ProjectAssets simply if an assets folder is inside the project folder.
/Users/bmi/JME3/javaproject1/assets

But if I copy paste the assets folder at the same place inside the maven project, the SDK don’t recognizes it as the ProjectAssets :confused:
/Users/bmi/JME3/mavenproject1/assets

The SDK finds Terrain.j3o only, if I place it inside /Users/bmi/JME3/mavenproject1/src/main/resources/Scenes/Terrain.j3o and it works well but I can’t edit it like in the java project.

If I place Terrain.j3o inside /Users/bmi/JME3/mavenproject1/assets/Scenes/Terrain.j3o like in the java project, it can’t find it.

Do you know how I can configure my project so that it points at my asset folder?
Where I have to place the assets folder ???

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

And a little request:
How can I post a screenshot or other local images?

@Barne Miks said: Do you know how I can configure my project so that it points at my asset folder? Where I have to place the assets folder ???

Did you even look at the project settings? I fear if you are not willing to poke around a bit then running maven may be a little too hard for you. Why are you trying to swim up stream in this case when the SDK would have worked fine without maven?

@Barne Miks said: And a little request: How can I post a screenshot or other images?

Same way as anywhere else: post it to an image sharing site and include the link. imgur.com is the best one, really.

It’s for an important school project and I have received order to make the game to a maven project.

The SDK asset editing doesn’t work in maven projects. You can try and open the maven project as a generic asset-only project (Import menu) but you might have problems with that as it will probably only recognize the project as either an asset-only project or a maven project. You can try fixing that by using different folders for each (e.g. have the asset-only project in the parent folder of the maven project).