Cell Shading?

Hi,

I have been researching on JME3 for a while. I plan on making a game, and I would like to add an option for cell shading that looks like this: http://www.mods-for-minecraft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/celshading.jpg

That is about the closest to what I want. Sorry for not making a link or embedding the image, I don’t know how. Could someone tell me how to make this possible so that the player can turn cell-shading on/off from the pause menu? Thanks, for helping!

dangerdoc

Toon shader!?

I googled toon shader, and found about what I want. One problem… Is there a way that doesn’t involve shaders? If not, is there a way to switch shaders in the middle of the game? I am a noob at shaders. I just saw something like that on the internet, and thought it would be cool for my game. The reason I am concerned about being able to toggle toon-shader in-game is that I want my game to have that professional taste. Thanks for helping me!

dangerdoc

Look at TestToonShader, there is one in jME3.

Hi,

I looked through Library/jMonkeyEngine3.jar, is that what you meant? I did not find TestToonShader in there. I google searched “testtoonshader in JME3”, and only saw two results, both the same page, not helping me. Could you tell me where “TestToonShader” is? Sorry for the noob questions, I am new at JME3 (but I have been looking at it for a while and planning a game).

Thanks!

dangerdoc

Read the manual.

Its called TestCartoonEdge, not TestToonShader

1 Like

All right, thanks for the help momoko fan, and sorry normen for the badly formatted post… I’ll try to give better information in the future. Thanks for helping!

dangerdoc