Character

I can't find a good character for my game, i need it free, cause i can't pay. And i need ready characters, with textures and animateds :confused:

I'm a new, so please tell me a good place to find it. Thanks.

Quality animated, textured characters for free? Are you insane! Next people will be asking for coders to give quality work away for nothing… hang on a minute…

I digress. Seriously, full characters ready to use almost always cost money, although there are a few places that do them off the shelf for not too much. As a rule you can fairly often find decent textures, models and animations seperately for nothing. If you're lucky you can get two of the three, but only very rarely will you get a textured, animated character for free.

Might help to specify what sort of character you're looking for.

I already have a character, made in blender. But i tried to put it on the game but did not worked :frowning: - i used the same code as I used to put the others models, the sofas and tables. But I tried puting the char and it did not work.

Try open this in blender to see if there's something wrong:

http://solidfiles.com/d/iybL

thank you.

firstoff .obj doesn't export any kind of animation u can only animate that in code and then only basic transforms move rotate and such, for characters u need to export to orgexml or hottbj :?(spelling) exporter or md5 but it requires external code libs. 

GustavoBorba said:

I can't find a good character for my game, i need it free, cause i can't pay. And i need ready characters, with textures and animateds :/

I'm a new, so please tell me a good place to find it. Thanks.

I'm using http://turbosquid.com, if you specify "0" as the max price in your search filter, it will return all the models that are free.  Theres a couple that are animated, the Fido Bot works in JME and is supposedly animated, though it seems to come with its own floor as well.  At the moment I'm just using the static buildings to test with, so I cannot comment much on how well the animations are done, etc...

On the topic of finding quality (rigged) characters, BlenderNation is an excellent resource.