CharacterControl stops walking

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else had come across the following issue.

I have a character which moves by itself using a CharacterControl. The environment is basically flat, but at certain areas it will stop moving and gets stuck, even when walkDirection is called. I thought it might have to do with the stepHeight, but this seems to have no effect. The frustrating thing is that it seems to get stuck at an area randomly, so I can’t reproduce it easily. Does anyone else have a problem like this?

Not me, mind pasting your code?

Sure, just a minimum working example:

[java]
CharacterControl playerNode = new CharacterControl(new CapsuleCollisionShape(playerRadius, playerHeight, 1),3f);
bulletAppState.getPhysicsSpace().add(playerNode);
[/java]

Then in the update loop:
[java]
playerNode.setWalkDirection(new Vector3f(0.25f, 0, 0));
[/java]

It only seems to happen in particular points on the map, even though these are flat.

What are the values of playerRadius and playerHeight? Try changing them up a bit. If you want to see what the physics looks like in wireframe/debug put this in your code/init method:

[java]
bulletAppState.getPhysicsSpace().enableDebug(assetManager);
[/java]

I tried both of these things. The environment definitely has no physics obstacles. Radius and height are about 1.5 and 6 respectively and changing them works on some areas but not others. I’m not too sure why this should be an issue though. I have a workaround for this problem, but this behavior seems weird.