Chase Camera

I’ve been using the chaseCamera for my projects and I have two quick questions.

Can it be made so the chaseCamera’s functions and variables are protected instead of private, it makes for extending the camera a real pain in that I have to recreate the class before i can properly extend it. Also is their an easier way to reset/reposition the chaseCamera behind a target?

yeah ok, I’ll make the attributes protected asap.

For the repositionning, you mean an easier way than what?

when smoothMotion is enabled on the cam, there is a trailing behavior,if that what you mean.

You can tweak the smoothness of the trailing movements by using setTrailingSensitivity

nehon said:
yeah ok, I'll make the attributes protected asap.

For the repositionning, you mean an easier way than what?
when smoothMotion is enabled on the cam, there is a trailing behavior,if that what you mean.
You can tweak the smoothness of the trailing movements by using setTrailingSensitivity

well their wasn't a way prior that i noticed anyway i had to copy the class and then extend it to add collision and get to some of the controls for my joypad which wasn't really a problem once i changed all private variables and functions to protected. It was just my solution to reposition the camera behind the character was a bit messy and was wondering if it was something already implemented that i did not see.
I will look into the functions you mentioned thanks nehon

ok atrributes are protected in last revision

thnx a lot nehon i’ll be able to use it after i get the update working again