Choice of the new name for the project jME SpaceShift Editor

Because SpaceShift is my game(script) name :stuck_out_tongue:
SpaceShiftEditor is no longer related to SpaceShift project. So, SSE should be changed to something more JME related.

I think people will inevitably abbreviate it to SS Editor.

Monkey Builder seems popular but it doesnā€™t really work as a name for me. It is what it is but it shouldnā€™t be what itā€™s called.

Itā€™s almost like if people started calling me Humanā€¦ well yes I am a human, but thatā€™s not my name. Unless of course I get abducted by a superior alien raceā€¦

Humanā€¦ bring me my goblubular you wretched inferior beast.

SpaceShift Editor worked because it was unique, whenever it was mentioned I knew what people were talking about. However Monkey Builder could be anything.

There are some precedents set here though; SpiderMonkey, Lemur et. al. Maybe you should consider another unique-ish name.

CarpenterMonkey? :wink:

(Just kidding. That would be a lame name. I just couldnā€™t pass up the opportunity. :stuck_out_tongue: )

I like jMonkeyBuilder

Full Metal Monkey
Metal Monkey
Monkeywrench
Chrome Ape

I agree, because most java technologies should have the prefix ā€˜jā€™, so it should be jMonkey Builder :slight_smile:

1 Like

Monkey Builder sounds like either a strategy game or the utility which packages games as native executables, though.
Yes, you can build games with it, but itā€™s more something like an asset editor/asset manager

But it can be more than asset editor in future :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes. something like unity 3d :slight_smile:

Wew, Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m the one who started the SS jokes on slack.

My next move will be to mail South Sudan and ask them to REMOVE their tld.
Then i will go after chevrolet SS.
Btw do you know how itā€™s called the Holy See? Santa Sedeā€¦ yes, exactly, SS. I knew it, the pope is hiding hitler in the dungeons under the vatican, he canā€™t get away with that!

:penguin:

P.S. jReach4

6 Likes

So I think the option ā€œMonkey Builderā€ has won :slight_smile:

1 Like