Collaborative writing: Which version of jME is the most suitable for my project?

I was getting started writing a wiki page for this, figuring I’d ask for more suggestions later, but why not right away. So lately the question of ‘which version of jME should I choose?’ has been coming up frequently, mostly to our great delight of course. However unless we give newcomers some straightforward principles for them to make an informed decision for their project, we’re gonna keep repeating ourselves.

Please help by adding a an info-bar or commenting on the existing ones. For more ideas check the comparison between jME2 and jME3 and do some creative searches like “jme2 or jme3” on this site.

Update: This mini-event has come to an end, and it was a success! You can now figure out how to choose between jME2 or jME3 by checking out this new wiki page. Please edit or comment on it if you have any further suggestions.

Good summary…nothing to add from my side :smiley:

Looks very good; not to be picky, but isn't the point of a wiki to facilitate "Collaborative writing"? :wink: Although I guess the forum gets more visitors…

No mention of jMonkeyPlatform under jME3?  I know we keep them mostly separate as far as development and announcements go, but its definitely something that people ask about when they first show up at jME…

For jME2, I would make mention of the wealth of third party tools created for it like HottBJ, SceneMonitor, SceneWorker, SoundSystem, etc…

paul's 3d soundsystem is useable under both btw