COLLADA SkinNode dissapearing

Hello,

I’ve imported test COLLADA (man.dae with man_walk.dae) model into scene I use for game testings.

Besides that I’ve messed up something with animation (I mention this because I’m not sure if its of any relevance), at certain points model begins to ‘hide’ parts of it… for example, I move away from camera and it lose arms… I move further and the whole model dissapears. When I move camera, model reappears again.

At certain spots I get only torso moving… I dunno what it could be causing this effect…

Anyone had similar experience?

To add another question, should I maybe prefer MD5 models and loader over COLLADA?

Edit:

I thought it would be OK to add some screenshots…

Notice the teeths, cigar and eyes, but head missing :D?

Moving few pixels forward…

Few pixels forward more, and model dissapears… I thought I don’t have to screenshot that…

Hmmm looks like it has something to do with culling. Turn on bounding volumes and see if the bounding volumes are moving with the character.

They're turned on (check the black box -atm-, it has white lines)… they're not moving with the character, although I question myself why…

Before importing test model, I had a cube walking around (its not funny!  :x), and it worked as expected…

Culling you say… hmm… truthfully, as PC moves toward the camera, camera tracks him to keep him in the center of the screen, but boundary box is actually left behind at the spawning place… on the first picture, you can see it as white wireframe in the upper right corner… which goes out of frustrum as the camera angle lowers…

Thanks mojomonk :smiley:

Edit:

This is strange: when I exchange the code which loads COLLADA model with simple box, boundary volume follows it… when COLLADA model is loaded, boundary volume is stuck at the spawn point…

It's related to the model not animating. The non-animating model is not kicking off the updating of the model data, as the bones haven't triggered an update of the skin (an therefore, haven't triggered an update of the boundings). This is something that needs resolving, but until then, turn on the animations of the character.