Collada XML Binding files

IMO, those Collada XML binding files under com.jmex.model.collada.schema and com.jmex.xml should not be CM'd.  Besides the fact that they are derived and should not have been CM'd to begin with, they account for half of the jME source code base!  It's likely that it was done this way to eliminate a dependency on a third party XML binding library, but even if the choice to use XML/Java binding was the right one in this case, either using JAXB (which is now included in J2SE) or adding a single open-source third party jar file to our distribution would be worlds better than adding over 700 files to the code base.

Anybody agree or disagree that the Collada XML binding system should be refactored to decrease its footprint?

I think it was already agreed once that these files could be moved into a a compiled jar file (with source files in it too). Just never implemented.

llama said:

I think it was already agreed once that these files could be moved into a a compiled jar file (with source files in it too). Just never implemented.

I, for one, don't want to distribute source files with my binary distributions that I go through much effort to minimize.  How about I set up a source and a binary jar and let the jME users decide which they need?

I doubt anyone will object to that either.

I'll open a Topic in the Contrib forum to get going on this.