ColladaImporter structure

Hey,

Does anyone know why the ColladaImporter is structured the way it is. Specifically I'm curious about the use of the static methods and the single loader instance that it enforces. I'm looking to make the loader thread safe so we can load multiple models concurrently to make better use of the cpu while waiting for IO.

Rgds

Paul

I thought the IMI guys or Doug or someone wrote you a new collada importer?

Hi Josh,

We have a collada importer that is focused exclusively on the avatar system in Wonderland, we are currently using the JME one for other geometry in world.

Rgds

Paul

Hey Paul. You guys should upload some PW specific avatar or something so the other users can see where you're 'coming from' :wink:

paulby said:
I'm looking to make the loader thread safe so we can load multiple models concurrently to make better use of the cpu while waiting for IO.
Do you mean to say this as a feature request or are you or someone else about to make this happen?

Well it looks like someone did it, a commit just popped up about this on my RSS under the wonderland branch :wink:

I was just curious about the current design, I went ahead and made the changes I needed to in the Wonderland branch.

In terms of the assets we are loading, some can be found in the Wonderland svn, there is a mixture of professionally built custom art and reuse of open source art (such as google warehouse models).