Collision?

Can anyone advise me on which solution would be better to use for collision detection the Octree Physics or the jme physics2. I started to learn the jme physics2 but recently came across the simplephysx_octree_jme2 in which my frame rate is around 243 under the simple physics test and though the tutorial lesson 8 has around 643 fps. I would simply like anthers opinion on the matter as an associate had told me not to use octree's for collision detection.

I,m not qualified to compare one over the other, for me it was simply a useful collision system that I was able to get my head around, as for the framerate it would most likely depend what u load as compared to what the test loads, the "tightness" of your sim i.e. "tris per node" may also be a factor that affects the framerate, except for making sure that it still works I haven't been working on anything related to my project for some time now, so I myself isn't fully aware of other gotchas that it might have save the ones already discussed on the forum

mcbeth said:

I,m not qualified to compare one over the other, for me it was simply a useful collision system that I was able to get my head around, as for the framerate it would most likely depend what u load as compared to what the test loads, the "tightness" of your sim i.e. "tris per node" may also be a factor that affects the framerate, except for making sure that it still works I haven't been working on anything related to my project for some time now, so I myself isn't fully aware of other gotchas that it might have save the ones already discussed on the forum

thank you for the reply