CollisionShapeFactory inverted normals?

A simpler test case just for the issue would be much appreciated next time.

Noted.

In your test the Floor is A when its a mesh shape and B when its a Box shape so naturally the normal inverts if you don’t check for the actual objects.

This was the problem! I wasn't aware that "object B" and "object A" was being swapped, so I was getting the collision normal of the other object (which is why the Y was inverted). I now check the object and fix the collision normal (by just multiplying the Y by -1) and all is working :)

I'm also using createBoxShape now, and it seems to work now that you fixed it -- thank you.

Do blocks still fall through the top of the floor and hit the bottom in the test case I provided? I don't have that issue with Gentrieve, but it was still some weird behavior in that test case.
1 Like
@phr00t said:
Do blocks still fall through the top of the floor and hit the bottom in the test case I provided? I don't have that issue with Gentrieve, but it was still some weird behavior in that test case.

I don't know, the test case was a bit convoluted, I just checked for the normals and didn't look much at the output. Meshes don't really have normals in bullet though, they define a hollow shape that basically collides from both sides so there should be no such issues really.