[commited] Update to lwjgl 2.1

Does anything speak against upgrading to lwjgl 2.1? This will add windows 64 bit lwjgl and openal libraries.

http://lwjgl.org/forum/index.php?topic=2856

Also the lwjgl/native/win32 folder will be renamed to lwjgl/native/windows

Index: build.xml
===================================================================
--- build.xml   (revision 4285)
+++ build.xml   (working copy)
@@ -69,7 +69,7 @@

<target name="run-testchooser" depends="compile-test" description="Runs the TestChooser">
     <java classname="jmetest.TestChooser" fork="true" classpathref="classpath">
-      <jvmarg value=  "-Djava.library.path=${libs}/jogl/native/windows_amd64;${libs}/jogl/native/macosx;${libs}/jogl/native/linux_i586;${libs}/jogl/native/linux_amd64;${libs}/jogl/native/windows_i586;${libs}/lwjgl/native/linux;${libs}/lwjgl/native/macosx;${libs}/lwjgl/native/win32;${libs}/swt/linux;${libs}/swt/macosx-carbon;${libs}/swt/macosx-cocoa;${libs}/swt/windows"/>
+      <jvmarg value=  "-Djava.library.path=${libs}/jogl/native/windows_amd64;${libs}/jogl/native/macosx;${libs}/jogl/native/linux_i586;${libs}/jogl/native/linux_amd64;${libs}/jogl/native/windows_i586;${libs}/lwjgl/native/linux;${libs}/lwjgl/native/macosx;${libs}/lwjgl/native/windows;${libs}/swt/linux;${libs}/swt/macosx-carbon;${libs}/swt/macosx-cocoa;${libs}/swt/windows"/>
     </java>
   </target>

@@ -271,10 +271,12 @@
     </dependset>

<!--  Jar and sign the Windows libraries -->
-    <jar destfile="${webstart}/lwjgl-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/win32" includes="lwjgl.dll" update="yes" />
-    <jar destfile="${webstart}/openal-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/win32" includes="OpenAL32.dll" update="yes" />
-    <jar destfile="${webstart}/jinput-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/win32" includes="jinput-dx8.dll" update="yes" />
-    <jar destfile="${webstart}/jinput-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/win32" includes="jinput-raw.dll" update="yes" />
+    <jar destfile="${webstart}/lwjgl-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/windows" includes="lwjgl.dll" update="yes" />
+     <jar destfile="${webstart}/lwjgl-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/windows" includes="lwjgl64.dll" update="yes" />
+    <jar destfile="${webstart}/openal-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/windows" includes="OpenAL32.dll" update="yes" />
+     <jar destfile="${webstart}/openal-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/windows" includes="OpenAL64.dll" update="yes" />
+    <jar destfile="${webstart}/jinput-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/windows" includes="jinput-dx8.dll" update="yes" />
+    <jar destfile="${webstart}/jinput-windows.jar" basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/windows" includes="jinput-raw.dll" update="yes" />
     <signjar jar="${webstart}/lwjgl-windows.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
     <signjar jar="${webstart}/openal-windows.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
     <signjar jar="${webstart}/jinput-windows.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />

That's good :slight_smile:

thats in now, could someone with 64 bit windows try to see if everything works?

Works fine for me, I can now run the demos as 32-bit or 64-bit  :slight_smile:

I have Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

But I had to change the Java Build Path in Eclipse, but I think that's a local setting, right?

Haladria said:

But I had to change the Java Build Path in Eclipse, but I think that's a local setting, right?

Yes only the native library path changes.

I will also add the solaris native libraries to jme, since it seem to work just fine.

At least in vmware image running on windows.

Index: build.xml
--- build.xml   (revision 4332)
+++ build.xml   (working copy)
@@ -353,6 +353,15 @@
     <signjar jar="${webstart}/openal-mac.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
     <signjar jar="${webstart}/jinput-mac.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />

+    <!-- Jar (eventually) and sign Solaris native libraries -->
+    <jar destfile="${webstart}/lwjgl-solaris.jar" duplicate="fail"
+         basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/solaris" includes="liblwjgl.so" update="yes" />
+    <jar destfile="${webstart}/openal-solaris.jar" duplicate="fail"
+         basedir="lib/lwjgl/native/solaris" includes="libopenal.so" update="yes" />
+
+    <signjar jar="${webstart}/lwjgl-solaris.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
+    <signjar jar="${webstart}/openal-solaris.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
+     
     <!-- Sign the lwjgl jar -->
     <signjar jar="lib/lwjgl/lwjgl.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
     <signjar jar="lib/lwjgl/lwjgl_util.jar" alias="jme" keystore="${webstart}/${keyStore}" storepass="${storepass}" />
Index: lib/lwjgl/native/solaris/liblwjgl.so
Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.
svn:mime-type = application/x-sharedlib

Property changes on: liblwjglnativesolarisliblwjgl.so

Index: lib/lwjgl/native/solaris/libopenal.so
Cannot display: file marked as a binary type.
svn:mime-type = application/x-sharedlib

Property changes on: liblwjglnativesolarislibopenal.so

Is someone running solaris natively to test this better?
Core-Dump said:

I will also add the solaris native libraries to jme, since it seem to work just fine.
At least in vmware image running on windows.

It would be fine to do it for JOGL too, wouldn't it?

the solaris libs are now also added (lwjgl and jogl).

i noticed that AbstarctGame uses LWJGLPropertiesDialog directly, which means you cant start a AbstarctGame without lwjgl libs 

everything seems to be working on my end except ColladaImporter.java, ExtraPlugin.java,GoogleEarthPlugin.java and ExtraPluginManager.java no longer compiles is this expected i'm unsure i haven't updated from svn in a while

Bonechilla said:

everything seems to be working on my end except ColladaImporter.java, ExtraPlugin.java,GoogleEarthPlugin.java and ExtraPluginManager.java no longer compiles is this expected i'm unsure i haven't updated from svn in a while

parts of the collada loader are now jarred and dont form part of the source anymore just realized myself

yep, you need to add lib/jme-colladabinding.jar to your jme project.

Core-Dump said:

yep, you need to add lib/jme-colladabinding.jar to your jme project.

ahh yes thx core and mcbeth
Core-Dump said:

i noticed that AbstarctGame uses LWJGLPropertiesDialog directly, which means you cant start a AbstarctGame without lwjgl libs 

It does not make me laugh and it is not fair. There is no mention of this behavior in the documentation of this class. Why supporting JOGL if LWJGL is required?  :'(