Competition: Ludumdare

Hola party-people,

the upcoming weekend will we be again the 48h ludumdare-game-development-competition.

That means 48h time to build a game from scratch (including content)…

Have a look here: http://www.ludumdare.com/wiki/

Actually one year ago I took part at my first LD which also meant my (real) start with jME. The “3d bug” I produced was really crap! But I was more or less proud of my first “baby” hehe.

Well 48h is not much time and usually I fail, but I’m still full of hope to finish this time (with something I could

really call game ) :smiley:

If I had a few days off to recover I’d absolutely force myself awake in the attempt to finish a game in 48h.

I think the trick lies below …

You just need to maintain the right blood alcohol concentration!

Haha,…that diagram is so true! :smiley: Actually additional I can mention that I live in the center of my city and at the moment there is christmas market right before my door which means lots of people screaming, drinking alcohol, screaming more, a group of trumpet players standing infront of my house and doing a concert for me (each 2,5h for 45 mins).  It is nice,… :evil:

All this is even emphasising the effect to be at a constant 0.001 programming skill, while with alcohol I will throw stuff at the trumpet players… :smiley:

PS: This time I will code somewhere else… :smiley:

Ok,…as a last announcement!!! In 12h =  3 o'clock in the morning in germany. They were so "nice" to start 2 hourse sooner than usual…

ttrocha said:

Hehe,...yeah! Actually it took me too much time building a framework for creating plattform games with blender as editor! :D But it was really cool! And actually it is a good basis for more...and yes mini mini mini mini....

it's extremely cool as a matter of fact :p  was the camera set up in blender as well?

ttrocha said:

...BTW: Is it possible to add .blend as allowed-attachment?

That's probably a good idea for this forum..  I also added a bunch of other 3d formats while I was at it.

Ok…actually I’m quite finished right now. Have a look at this pice of software I produced. Just a mini mini mini level

of a plattformer…not enough time. as always.

I’m not so sure if the webstart works so good…

http://thomas.trocha.com/games/exploration/exploration.jnlp

Adios and have a good sleep,

ToM

ttrocha said:

Ok...actually I'm quite finished right now. Have a look at this pice of software I produced. Just a mini mini mini level
of a plattformer....not enough time. as always.
I'm not so sure if the webstart works so good....

http://thomas.trocha.com/games/exploration/exploration.jnlp

Adios and have a good sleep,

ToM

Webstart worked flawlessly.. fun little mini mini mini (I think that was the right amount of mini's) game :)  I lol'd at the little dance at the end of the level

Hehe,…yeah! Actually it took me too much time building a framework for creating plattform games with blender as editor! :smiley: But it was really cool! And actually it is a good basis for more…and yes mini mini mini mini…

Nevertheless the finisher-beer I drink now is great and I will creep in 2mins to my bed…finally

But thx for telling me webstart works…I just told a friend:"My stuff getting less crap…" :smiley:

…BTW: Is it possible to add .blend as allowed-attachment?

was the camera set up in blender as well?

Hmm,...a bit! I had one empty to that I attached a CameraNode and that was always looking at the player. I had some event-fields that let the camera move (via spatial translator) to the point of the event-field. Actually all this event-driven framework stuff took most of the time and in the end it got quite complicated....and under timepressure it was really fun :D Hehe,...but I liked it! And I will for sure create a real level.....but now (as I'm at home now) have to sleep :D

cu later