Compile errors in JmeTests Project (jMonkeyPlatform)

Hey there,

Trying to get started working with the new jMonkeyPlatform (very impressive, btw) but I'm stuck trying to build the JmeTest Project.

System: Mac OS X 10.5

Here's my log output when I first open the platform:

I/O Error while creating log file

Running on jMonkey Engine 3 Alpha 0.6

Extraction Directory #1: file:/Applications/jmonkeyplatform.app/Contents/Resources/jmonkeyplatform/jmonkeyplatform/modules/ext/

Extraction Directory #2: /Users/benhayden/Library/Application Support/jmonkeyplatform

Extraction Directory #3: /

Using LWJGL 2.4.2

Display created.

Adapter: null

Driver Version: null

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.0 NVIDIA-1.5.48

Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT OpenGL Engine

GLSL Ver: 1.20

Timer resolution: 1000 ticks per second

Camera created (W: 640, H: 480)

Mouse created.

Keyboard created.

Camera created (W: 120, H: 120)

Child (BitmapFont) attached to this node (Gui Node)

Child (BitmapFont) attached to this node (Statistics View)

Child (Statistics View) attached to this node (Gui Node)

Uniform m_VertexColor is not declared in shader.

Then, I made a new JmeTests project and pushed the "Clean and Build Main Project" button. Here's the output:

init:

deps-clean:

Updating property file: /Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build/built-clean.properties

Deleting directory /Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build

clean:

init:

deps-jar:

Created dir: /Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build

Updating property file: /Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build/built-jar.properties

Created dir: /Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build/classes

Created dir: /Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build/empty

Compiling 66 source files to /Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/build/classes

/Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/src/jme3test/light/TestShadow.java:82: updateFrustumPoints2(com.jme3.renderer.Camera,com.jme3.math.Vector3f[]) in com.jme3.shadow.ShadowUtil cannot be applied to (com.jme3.renderer.Camera,float,float,float,com.jme3.math.Vector3f[])

ShadowUtil.updateFrustumPoints2(shadowCam, shadowCam.getFrustumNear(),

/Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/src/jme3test/scene/TestQ3.java:44: removeBindingListener(com.jme3.input.binding.BindingListener) in com.jme3.input.InputManager cannot be applied to (com.jme3.input.FlyByCamera)

inputManager.removeBindingListener(flyCam);

Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

2 errors

/Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/nbproject/build-impl.xml:406: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/Users/benhayden/jMonkeyProjects/JmeTests/nbproject/build-impl.xml:196: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

BUILD FAILED (total time: 1 second)

I just installed the framework this morning and enabled the nightly build plugin updates and applied them. Any ideas?

(If there is a better area of the forum for this to be in, I'd appreciate a relocation :D)

Uhm, just wait until tomorrow I guess, might be that the tests were not up to date in that moment, I made some changes to the physics tests today (new input system) so it should be in the update list tomorrow anyway (thats in about 6h).

Cheers,

Normen

Alrighty, just glad I didn't make any blatant mistakes setting things up. Thanks, I'll check later on tonight then.

Hrm, still getting the error. I'll move on to just making base game project and working from there on some of the tutorials.

It was a bug in the build script, it was reverting to a version of the templates zip file that was in svn instead of using the newly created one. I just triggered a manual build and now it updates to the most current tests again.

However, when using the nightly build center you are likely to break your projects and/or jMP because its… well… the nightly dev version :wink:

Cheers,

Normen