Compile Problems

The jme I downloaded doesn't compile, the compiler gives six warnings saying the same old (This method uses sun proprietory API which may be removed in future release)!!! I have jdk 6 update 1 at the end, the compiler gives the following note:

NOTE: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.

NOTE: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

NOTE: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

NOTE: Recompile with -Xint:unchecked for details.

And says "BUILD FAILED". Now what should I do?

I'm not an expert at this, but I set up JME using Eclipse.

I get those warnings too, but they are just that; warnings.  They won't (shouldn't…) be causing your build to fail.

Which means there must be something else wrong, do you have any other output?

Is your jdk from sun, or any other vendor?

I got this warnings too. Everything works fine anyway.

I guess that's because jME uses some depricated Sun-Methods.

It's the proprietary Base64 stuff used in DisplaySystem (if I remember correctly off the top of my head).  Not exactly sure why it needs to be used but it probably shouldn't be.

Actually, almost all of the deprecation issues are internal (many because of JmeBinaryReader and Writer which are set to go in the next release.)

please post the full output so that we can find out what the build failure comes from

I have downloaded the jdk from java.sun.com (JDK SE 6 update 1).

Here is the full output that I recieved:

Buildfile: build.xml

init:
[echo] jmeKeyStore

compile:
[mkdir] Created dir: E:jmebuildcom
[copy] Copying 28 files to E:jmebuildcom
[copy] Copied 193 empty directories to 146 empty directories under E:jmebuildcom
[javac] Compiling 1526 source files to E:jmebuild
[javac] E:jmesrccomjmesystemDisplaySystem.java:41: warning sun.misc.Service is Sun proprietory API and may be removed in a future release
[javac] import sun.misc.Service;
[javac]                ^
[javac] E:jmesrccomjmesystemDisplaySystem.java:42: warning: sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError is Sun proprietory API and may be removed in a future release
[javac] import sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError;
[javac]                ^
[javac] E:jmesrccomjmesystemDisplaySystem.java:185: warning: sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError is Sun proprietory API and may be removed in a future release
[javac]                throws ServiceConfigurationError {
[javac]                      ^
[javac] E:jmesrccomjmesystemDisplaySystem.java:187: warning: sun.misc.Service is Sun proprietory API and may be removed in a future release
[javac]                Iterator displayProviders = Service.providers(SystemProviders.class);
[javac]                                            ^
[javac] E:jmesrccomjmexmodelcolladatypesSchemaBase64Binary.java:49: warning: sun.misc.BASE64Decoder is Sun proprietory API and may be removed in a future release
[javac]                value = new sun.mise.BASE64Decoder().decodeBuffer(newvalue);
[javac]                                    ^
[javac] E:jmesrccomjmexmodelcolladatypesSchemaBase64Binary.java:76: warning: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder is Sun proprietory API and may be removed in a future release
[javac]                String sResult = new sun.misc.BASE64Encoder().encode(value);
[javac]                                            ^
[javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
[javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
[javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
[javac] 6 warnings

dist-core:
[jar] Building jar: E:jme targetjme.jar

BUILD FAILED
E:jmebuild.xml:67: Problem creating jar: E:jmetargetjme.jar (The system cannot find the path specified) (and the archive is probably corrupt but I could not delete it)

Total time: 57 seconds

You've managed to compile the code fine you just can't jar it up.

The only thing I can see from that output is the paths to the jar are not the same:

E:jme targetjme.jar

E:jmetargetjme.jar

The first one doesn't have the path separator between jme and target, although there is a good chance that is just a typo when you copied the message.  If it's not a typo then that's your problem the build script is trying to jar into a folder named "jme target" which doesn't exist.

Have you edited the build.xml file at all?

No, should I attempt to download it again?

Thanks Gentleman Hal  and every body else, I just manually created …/target subfolder and compiled the source again and viola! It was a success.