Compiling jME2

There doesn't seem to be a guide to compiling jME2. I have SVN and NetBeans, that should be all I need. How do I go about compiling it?

It would be even better if someone could put up a .jar of jME2 + jME Physics 2 on something like Rapidshare, forever, so that people could just download the .JAR for ease of getting started.

If you use jme its very useful to be able to look at the jme source to see how things work.

I think with only the jars/javadoc its hard to get started.

In the IDE you just create a new project which has a reference to the jme and jmephysics project so you can use the jme classes.

To build jars for deploying, you can use the ant build.xml files, which come with jme and jmephyiscs.

There are tutorials in the wiki on how to deploy the Application.

In the IDE you just create a new project which has a reference to the jme and jmephysics project so you can use the jme classes.
To build jars for deploying, you can use the ant build.xml files, which come with jme and jmephyiscs.

How do I go about doing these 2 things? All I have is the most up to date version of Netbeans and the SVN for both jME and jME Physics too. Are there tutorials or something?

many tutorials refer to the cvs version, but it didn't change much with the svn version.

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=the_tutorials

Ok, I got it compiled. Thanks, I thought there was another way to compile it for version 2.

BUT jME Physics 2 isn't working. I used spaces in my file path, and I think that might of messed it up. But it was the VM Options I'm sure. This was the line I put in there:

-Djava.library.path=

That looks like it's looking in APIjME rather than Programming APIjME 2. So try it without the spaces then?

make sure to use the right quotes

"  not

The quotes were one thing. Another thing I had to do for jME 2 was copy all the files in the lib in jME 2 from the /lib folders(all the .JARs and .DLLs) into the /lib directory.

You could edit the ide config xml's instead to find the libs in their original places.

I had in mind to update the nb setup wiki after someone correctet jme2's build.xml

(run_testchooser did not work at least on linux out of the same reason last time i took a look)

Having the same problem here - after doing default import (Free Form Project, choose jME2.0 folder and just clicking Next/Finish) hasn't produced anything for me, except for run-testchooser starting up, but nothing runs from it afterwards. I have set up jME-compile and jME-run, but not sure if it is even used. Can someone post a full guide on how to set up jME2.0 with NetBeans 6.1 from base grounds, please?

Just change it to project with existing sources.

Trussell said:

Just change it to project with existing sources.

Actually, don't. I don't think that way the build script coming with jME will work any more, introducing a whole new world of pain of setting up library and class paths.

Acolyte said:

Can someone post a full guide on how to set up jME2.0 with NetBeans 6.1 from base grounds, please?

I guess I can do that. But there won't be anything beyond that, like e.g. physics, covered.
For the error you describe, Acolyte, you should at least see some console output giving hints on what went wrong in the NetBeans Output window.

Whole problem was NetBeans failing to locate org.* packages, even though I copied lwjgl and other JAR files into /lib directory. It was showing lots of errors regarding "Class not found" in /src folder. Because of that I couldn't compile jME2.

So, have been able to compile it now?

Unfortunately I don't have much experience with Java (i.e. not down to intermediate level), and so I cannot figure out how to make it recognize a file as part of library in which to look for classes. Thats why it'd be better if someone posted full guide on setting up jME2 for NetBeans 6.1 from very start, including important assumptions that they make (and may seem obvious to them).

Turns out the tutorial is mostly fine, but the build script needs adjusting to the new directory structure.

See here:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=9154.0

Once this is in, everybody should be able to run the run-testchooser target again with jME 2.0.

Could you add this to my tutorial for comiling jME 2 in the The Tutorials - jME 2 section. I never did that and didn't understand it very well.