Contemplating new site design – We need a PHP/WordPress developer

I’ll switch over to Firefox, btw.

The screenshots were done using chrome, are you sure you are on an actual wiki page when you look for the menu? How does it not work?

normen said:
The screenshots were done using chrome, are you sure you are on an actual wiki page when you look for the menu? How does it not work?

Nevermind, I see it now, I was looking at the wrong menu bar and hadn't noticed it up top in the tutorials before.

Make "Wiki" blink! :)

PHP < Ruby on Rails.

But that won’t happen because i don’t think there’s a good CMS for it yet. But lot’s of awesome GEMS.

Still, switching over would be a lot of work. But it would make development pretty damn fast ;).

Also learning it takes some time… But i’m just rambling :smiley:

yeah, there are plenty of solid web solutions out there guys, wordpress is just one of them, and it append to be the one we use.

It’s good enough IMO, be aware that we have no dedicated web developer for the sites so the much time spent on the sites, the less on the engine itself.

Erlend, Skye and Normen joined forces to make something pretty neat that suits the community, what else? :slight_smile:

Hi guys I am quite experienced in PHP but have 0 experience with wordpress. If you need any PHP specific things done i’m more than happy to dedicate some time. At the moment I’m also very busy trying to develop my game, but i do not have any other commitments and just lounge around in my room because I have a few injuries im trying to sort out, and could probably offer some time (every day/every other day) for the next 2 months.

Sounds cool, maybe you want to have a look at the test site, we can make your account an admin account over there and give you sftp access to it. The two main problems we have right now is the carrier returns that get eaten away from text fields and the dokuwiki install is somehow going haywire and does not display images and does not send the javascript right. PM me for the details if you’re interested.

Hello.

I have roughly 14 years worth of PHP/Fi+MySQL+Apache experience (sometimes in combination with C). If there are specific tasks that you need help with I am more than willing to assist.

Thanks a lot for the offer guys, we’ll be sure to take you up on it!

ok, i’ll admit i don’t have that much experience yet with php/mysql/javascript/apache stuff, but thats partly why i’d be happy to help out, to get more experience. you can check out one of my first websites i’ve developed here: http://www.myli4e.org/ its all wordpress with a highly customized theme, and… yeah if the background looks similar, its because i copied that color from this website :). it wen’t well with the header. hope you don’t mind. i am also soon to release a html5/javascript based app to itunes and android marketplace. its the first html5 project i have designed and written entirely by myself.