Contributing to jMonkeyEngine

@erlend_sh said: Greatly appreciated!

There is no team. And there won’t be one until 18th of April, when all the accepted applicants have been paired up with a mentor.

More info here:
http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/soc/

I guess I meant the mentor squad.

I’m glad it’s working out…

So is this only for students?

Personally, I just would like to help out improve JMonkey itself, is there a way we can work on things without being part of GSOC(I know this is a specific thread for GSOC so sorry for taking it out of context for a second)?

I love this engine, and I want it to keep on growing! I’m interested in helping out with Networking and some other things, if the JME team ever needs it.

Good luck everyone!!!

I just split this off from the GSoC thread as this will be a completely separate discussion.

@KonradZuse said: Personally, I just would like to help out improve JMonkey itself, is there a way we can work on things without being part of GSOC(I know this is a specific thread for GSOC so sorry for taking it out of context for a second)?

I love this engine, and I want it to keep on growing! I’m interested in helping out with Networking and some other things, if the JME team ever needs it.

Of course you can! That’s how we’ve been doing it all those years before GSoC :smiley:

Were you thinking about any additions in particular to networking? It’s in a pretty solid state already. However, a lot of people have been asking for more game examples, especially with networking. @pspeed’s Monkey Trap would be a great starting point for a tutorial.

@erlend_sh said: I just split this off from the GSoC thread as this will be a completely separate discussion.

Of course you can! That’s how we’ve been doing it all those years before GSoC :smiley:

Were you thinking about any additions in particular to networking? It’s in a pretty solid state already. However, a lot of people have been asking for more game examples, especially with networking. @pspeed’s Monkey Trap would be a great starting point for a tutorial.

No problem, and thanks I didn’t want to take the thread along another path.

I personally will be happy to help wherever I can.

I am still learning, as most people are, and I want to continue to learn and help out as I do it.

I am still lacking knowledge in certain areas of OpenGL and 3D graphics, but i would still like to help where I can.

I am looking to taking my JMonkey Project to mobile, so I could help out on that front if needed. I am not very strong on Mobile, but again learning is a process, and with building comes learning as well.

Maybe there should be a “priority” on the GSOC projects, since networking is up there, but you said that’s basically complete?

Thanks again for everything, and thank you for this wonderful Engine. I personally feel this engine could do way more than just “gaming” even though it’s set up mostly for that.