Converting .blend to .j3o, importing that failure

Hey @all,

We use Blender 2.67 and use the Mirror modifier (if that makes any difference).
Anyways, I packed the external resourced in the .blend file, converted it through jME SDK to .j3o and loaded that
into my application.

But there seem to occur two failures:

1. The TextureCoordinates are inversed somehow, I couldn´t really make out how, but it looks like the texture is either horizontally or vertically mirrored.
  2. Somehow the alpha value is mirrored as well. Everything that needs to be shown is transparent, the transparent parts are grey.

For better visualization, I have a little screenshot for you:

I also get this result when I look at the .blend or .j3o files through the SDK OpenGLViewer.

Any ideas on the cause of those problems?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

If you open the material file (.j3m) in the SDK material editor there is a checkbox that says “flip” next to each texture. Try changing that one and see if it works. Anyway this is just a long shot, there might be some other problem.

<cite>@kwando said:</cite> If you open the material file (.j3m) in the SDK material editor there is a checkbox that says "flip" next to each texture. Try changing that one and see if it works.

There is no .j3m-file…
I just right-clicked on object.blend and clicked “Convert to .j3o Binary”; it only created objects.j3o and objects.j3odata.
The “assets/Materials”-file is empty as well.
Should it create a .j3m as well?

Anyway, I found out more:
It seems like one side is textured right, so this may be a simple problem with the Mirror Modifier in Blender; I think we can get over that.

EDIT: nope, we can´t…
I can change the U and V coordinates of the mirrored object in blender but it doesn´t apply in jME. By the way, it´s the U Coordinate which has been reversed.

And when I look the object in the Application, I can see that those black forms on the texture are not transparent, but rather simply… black.

Ugh…
I thought I´d apply the Mirror Modifier so the Converter doesn´t have to deal with that anymore, but now… there is Z-Fighting all over the side that has been mirrored previously.
Are there two objects now?!

And, on a related topic, where can I get the BlenderModelLoader? It is weird since I can convert the Model to .j3o with the sdk, but when import com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.BlenderModelLoader it says “This package does not exist.”
Btw, I use the most current Nightly Build.

Ok, I have done a bunch of things:
I tried creating that .j3m file manually, except that the mirrored part of the model still didn´t work.
After that I decided to not use .blend anymore and exported the thing to OgreXML, which finally worked fine.

So my issues are solved, but there are still a few open questions:

1. Where do I get that BlenderModelLoader? I can´t find it anywhere…
  2. The Mirror Modifier (applied and unapplied) seems to make some trouble when viewing Blender files in the SDK, at least for me… Maybe someone wants to look into that.